'FORUM FRIENDS, WILDLIFE-FROM-WHEREVER' (Off-season, all cams off at Loch Garten)

OK I'll start this off. Czech Republic jays and a red squirrel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOsXWkp1_BM

• Ohhh nooo! lol Stuffy did well to last so long on the nest - many thanks Korky!
    It's great to see that both E15 & E16 are now fully fledged and learning from Harriet and M15, what a mixed season it's been for SWFL Eagles
  • Such good news Korky. Thank you.

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• Exciting news Thanks KORKY RD is such a star or maybe beacon (of hope( would be better
    A friend of mine's partner is one of the people who goes to plant treees for Trees for Life and introduced me to the charity A few years ago he and his group planted saplings in the form of a P have a picture somewhere
  • I hope you find that picture for us, PATILY :)

The Ohio bird cams channel run by "Scott" has a new one - South African.  When I checked it, the small feeding station was chockablock with amazing birds and I thought of this thread but didn't make time to find it and now it's hit me in the eye, thanks to recent posters.  At night they have mammals visiting, I understand.  It's not a very good stream, tech-wise, they probably have poor broadband.

South Africa Bird Cam

It has Siskins!  But yellower than our Scottish ones.

EDIT - links corrected, but not as per the kind correction ;)

That's the only other cam on Scott's channel, but the Czech cams are still going direct, with a new view of a pond having taken over from the basket feeder :(

And the familiar pond view,

I'm thinking we're halfway thru August, you see Rolling eyesSleepyBlush

Must get on !!!

IMAGICAT

• Thanks Scylla - however, the first link should be www.youtube.com/watch

• JillR said:

Thanks Scylla - however, the first link should be www.youtube.com/watch

Thanks, JILL - I had very strange trouble copying those URLs :-/

IMAGICAT

• scylla said:
    I'm thinking we're halfway thru August, you see 

Well scyll's m'dear, you're quite right. This is the time we start thinking what will we do when the osps have migrated, to sustain us through the 7 months until they return to their UK nests. I continue to follow the NZ Dunedin Royal Northern Albatross and Harriet and M15, the bald eagles in Florida who happily (and unusually) had a second brood following the terrible loss of their first chick. Both of those nests kinda kick off again in November/December which will sustain me through the cold, dark UK winter.

I've not posted as much this year, mainly because all of the nests have been so well covered by people more dedicated than me whose posts are fabulous. and with enviable IT skills (videos, graphics/writing on photos begorrah..) and because I've been enjoying my resident and local birds even more than usual, plus red squirrels in my garden so lots of distractions. But I'm happy to keep this thread going and fed with snaps from time to time from my fave nests/feeders. As long as I'm not talking to myself. As ever, the posters on these threads have been a fantastic bunch and it's a pleasure to be part of this on-line community. In the meantime, enjoy the last few days of our lovely ospreys!

• Unknown said:
    Well scyll's m'dear,

etc etc etc...

Not half an hour ago I was thinking "where can I type 'KORKY, I'm missing your chip-ins"...  But of course I don't get around to as many threads as I surely should, it's a crime.

For a Facebook page I did 24/7 coverage of NE Florida eagles Samson and Gabrielle (new couple replacing Romeo & Juliet Purple heart ) and Harriet & M up to the death of E14, then broke off for UK ospreys.  I have vowed not to do it this year, I was worn out before we started.  I do Starr Ranch SoCal cams all year round but they are not difficult to handle - they sent me a t-shirt all the way across the land mass and the Pond and I'll never finish repaying them ;)

I am looking forward to birdies in general over the "off-season" from all our LG Forum pals.

IMAGICAT

• I usually look at the Ithaca and Ontario feeders during the winter, as always a nice selection of birds to see.... 

So I am sure there will be plenty on this thread to keep us occupied over the winter Smiley

Sapsucker Woods, Ithaca - Webcam

Ontario Feeder - Webcam   (It is off at the moment but running a video) 

From those two cams there is a whole host of other webcams to watch.