'FORUM FRIENDS, WILDLIFE-FROM-WHEREVER' (Off-season, all cams off at Loch Garten)

OK I'll start this off. Czech Republic jays and a red squirrel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOsXWkp1_BM

• Two or three of them on the 28th morning but only one just about came into focus:

A brief spell of snow:

Black cat came by twice and nibbled twice, also checked under the tray for a high-protein source but no luck ;)

The apprentice was in action again, under unsnapped supervision:

Rabbits, Raccoons and one Opossum seen.

IMAGICAT

• I just remembered Korky, on the other side of the reserve centre on the headland was a colony of Red Billed Gulls and chicks.

And a few Kms further round on the south side of the headland a penguin rehab centre. These are Fiordland Crested Penguins.

• scylla said:
    The apprentice was in action again, under unsnapped supervision:

Always nice to see young people interested in wildlife. 

• Tony T said:

Fiordland Crested Penguins.

Love these guys!

• Thank you for the super gull and penguin photos, TONY! :)))

The WB Sea Eagle couple visited the nest at 06:00 on the Sydney morning of the 30th.  This is an unfascinating video, poor light (I enhanced somewhat) and no zooms:

One returning after a spell on a far-out branch:

IMAGICAT

• Ohio still has lots of birds and other critters but "different" snaps are hard to come by.

A prey animal must always be alert:

The crows were very prominent yesterday.

In:

Out:

Lotsa squirrels:

These 2 Blue Jays were a bit bewildered by sparrows all around:

IMAGICAT

• The Sea Eagle YouTube cam froze @ 10:55 local time on the Sydney 30th. It now says it's Live but there's the sound of a quite windy day against a still picture and the date & time are static.

The Twitch long-distance cam is OK, no-one seen.

EDIT - "Greg" has fixed it.

IMAGICAT

• scylla said:
    The WB Sea Eagle couple visited the nest at 06:00 on the Sydney morning of the 30th. 

This is a great website/camera, thanks for the link. I guess there are other sea eagle webcams but this one interests me as it could satisfy my raptor obsession throughout the UK winter, until the ospreys return here. The Florida bald eagle cams do this nicely (although sadness this year for Harriet and M15), even though they're in the northern hemisphere like me. I see the breeding times for the Sydney sea eagles are June-January, which is only a few months behind the UK ospreys and other birds, despite being in the southern hemisphere. So now I'm going to have to get my head around the differences in hemispheres and breeding seasons and species, and latitude and climate. Unless anyone has a ready link to an article on this?? Confused......

• Different skunks:

Different "boots":

IMAGICAT

• Super captures,, Scylla

It's been blowing a hoolie in New Zealand, but the albatross is hanging on quietly

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/