'FORUM FRIENDS, WILDLIFE-FROM-WHEREVER' (Off-season, all cams off at Loch Garten)

OK I'll start this off. Czech Republic jays and a red squirrel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOsXWkp1_BM

• What a beautiful bird the GH Owl is! I've only seen them before harassing Harriet and M15 on the South Florida Eagle Cam nest. Thanks scylla
  • Unknown said:
    I've only seen them before harassing Harriet and M15 on the South Florida Eagle Cam nest

I have found that whatever bird I'm following is a "good guy" and anyone else is a menace.  A few years ago I watched this nest (on a different tree which had already had major surgery before it was destroyed by Hurricane Matthew) when the owl raised 2 gorgeous owlets - they don't fight like eaglets and osplets do, they're darling fluffballs. I am devasted that I can't find a nice vid for you... oh here's a snake meal from 2015, but I ought to have better quality somewhere Worried 

Overnight Dad brought a snack, quite unusual unless I'm missing his visits:

Early this morning there was a nice vocal display - and this time I remembered to "treat" it!

EDIT - My internet went down again!  One update from the Great Horned Owl cam:

• Thank you scylla! A feast for the eyes and ears. You're right about the good guy vs the menace. Reminds me of the well known 'what's your favourite bird?' - 'the one I'm looking at right now'.

• Absolutely Korky. . Thank you Scylla. especially since you've had so many problems with internet going down
  • NE Florida Bald Eagles

The 2 eaglets - at that time #2 NE27 was still trying to find its feet:

NE26 got steadier but only to get bonked Persevere  

EDIT - to add in an harmonious feed!

• Yesterday afternoon there were fish queuing up Fish Tropical fish Blowfish Shark 

26th

Lunchtime menu:

This is overly long for the amount of activity but does show that bonking didn't last long, that they each got at least one significant bite, and that they stayed dry and beautiful:

• Ahhhhh . who'd believe these little balls of fluff would grow up to be regal majestic and massive Eagles . Thanks Scylla
  • Oh boy!  The 27th morning is for masochists only - not thru violence, but sheer frustration of failed beak offerings:

28th Evening @ Great Horned Owl's nest:

• NE Floriday Bald Eagles

29 January

NE27 seems to be keeping going by managing to grab the odd good bite:

• Great Horned Owl catchup:

Boreal Ontario - I'm still collecting it, hoping to find someone new and different to show you - but so far no-one's turned up.  The Pine Grosbeaks still dominate, with the odd Evening Grosbeak sometimes joining in, and here was a rare visit from the Gray Jay couple:

In the evenings the Chickadees take advantage of the Grosbeaks' customary early retirement:

They were first in the nest morning, looking much brighter and clearer... never mind Stuck out tongue winking eye

Mid-morning with no sun but it suited this Blue Jay beautifully:

At last, managed to spot a Red-breasted Nuthatch:

This guy/gal only stayed a few seconds, riight on the edge, didn't eat anything:

Shortie of Gray Jay eating new cake - it came back a few times, sometimes joined by a partner:

That's up to the 27th, I'm packing up now.