'FORUM FRIENDS, WILDLIFE-FROM-WHEREVER' (Off-season, all cams off at Loch Garten)

OK I'll start this off. Czech Republic jays and a red squirrel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOsXWkp1_BM

• Captiva Ospreys

Yesterday's get-go - looks like it had been raining ovvernight, they're wettish:

I think I had some missing for the middle of the day, here was an afternoon fish:

The resident crab at midnight:

• oh oh, those Ospreys sounds - yearn yearn. It was so good to watch those Osprey snippets Scylla. Thank you so much .
    Well, from spidies to crabs - amazing
  • CAPTIVA

A crab was there last season, Cirrus, I wonder how many frequent the nest?

Early morning mating today - I don't see many matings yet:

I don't have any more for this section, having discontinued some streams - but 5+ days of Boreal Ontario await my attention - just in case they got a new 'n different visitor or the Grouse gave a special performance.

• Boreal Ontario

Lotsa snow:

We are waiting...

Even more!

An orangey one:

Another refill:

30 Dec Ruffed Grouse was first in early, then returned @ 11:00:

Eek!

The Pine Grosbeaks dominate with an occasional Evening Grosbeak in the crowd - Chckadees and Nuthatches have to take their chances between invasions.  Here was a lone Redpoll, haven't seen any more flocks lately:

New Year's Day a cake was offered - I'm expecting interest from American Crows (they used to try to take the cake away and ended up dropping it) and Blue Jay, but it was a Gray Jay who first tucked in:

Back to Captiva - today Andy brought a Garfish for lunch but it was attached to his leg - so he took it away, (EDIT - when he brought it back I ) couldn't see if he deheaded it but obviously detached it somehow:

• So much colour here, and on a grey dismal Bristol day all very much appreciated. Thank you for captures and videos once more Scylla
  • After a snowy night:

So conscientious and caring:

See the black bar on its tail:

Then a bit later the feeders got rearranged and a posh new one added:

Since when we've had Pine Grosbeak++++++ Evening Grosbeak, Blue Jay, Gray Jay, Chickadee - and I was going to say Red-breasted Nuthatch but can't actually remember the last time I saw one.

Now that Captiva has gone to the Other Nests thread I'll have to think of something to add variety here Thinking 

• Both bald eagle chicks doing well in South Florida

(c) SWFEC/Pritchett

• At least peace reigns currently. Thanks Korky.
    Mm, very posh. The squirrel looks like a British red ! Thanks Scylla
  • Boreal Ontario

Oh how quarrelsome the Pine Grosbeaks were today!  They take a few seconds to get going:

Would you like to see my StarrRanch Barn Owls?  This was their first day together, who knows if they'll bond, but they certainly seemed to take to each other.

The owl already in the cavity (a "hole" in a eucalyptus tree where a limb was torn out somehow years 'n years ago) is, I think, a paler than usual female who has just discovered the so-called Ritz.  She is joined by a male who has been residing here almost daily for 2-3 weeks.  That's my interpretation, anything but expert.

(Sadly, no sound.  This cam needs repairing, we're lucky it's not in the "electrical interference" phase which it goes thru every day,)

NB - American Barn Owls are larger and darker than UK ones.  Usually the females have quite spotty breasts but this one hasn't:

• scylla said:
    New Year's Day a cake was offered - I'm expecting interest from American Crows (they used to try to take the cake away and ended up dropping it)

What did I tell you?