'FORUM FRIENDS, WILDLIFE-FROM-WHEREVER' (Off-season, all cams off at Loch Garten)

OK I'll start this off. Czech Republic jays and a red squirrel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOsXWkp1_BM

• scylla said:
    I haven't seen the Western Meadowlark for several days, I'm going to conclude that it has perished due to the unfriendly climate - hoping that it will therefore reappear very soon!  

Haha-heehee Grin

But only on the ground, there must be tastier seeds there:

IMAGICAT

• Happy as an albatross in mud.  LGK egg-whispering to his 58 days old egg.

The 3 oldest eggs at the colony are 61 days old, so only 2.5 weeks to go before the first chicks emerge.

• Thats so cool, can't believe its over 3 years now when we were there. Would love to go back!
  • Thank you for the news, Korky :)

White-bellied Sea Eagle nest Sydney has been taken over by a Pacific Black Duck... who has laid at least 2 eggs so far Heart eyes 

Here is a picture from yesterday, she has an audience of Rainbow Lorikeets ©SeaEagleCAM Team

This may be the same couple who investigated the nest very thoroughly last March!

I'll download this stream for a while but it's quite heavy, therefore I'm discontinuing the Czech Pond and NE Florida Eagles for the time being.

IMAGICAT

• This woodpecker caught my eye. He has a red head. Most greater spotted juveniles lose this in their first 3/4 months. But I think he's a different species.  I recall vaguely that there are over 200 species worldwide. Someone will know?!

The second thing I spotted is that he has a droopy left wing. Indeed, he sort of hopped on and off the feeder rather than flying elegantly.

(c) Záchranná stanice živočichů Makov - Krmítko

• Unknown said:
    This woodpecker caught my eye.

I'll keep an eye out for it on my way thru, Korky - I'm all behind and very stop-go-stop today (and yesterday).  If it's got a flecky tummy it could be a Middle Spotted - which I think TeeJay tried to educate me on.

Unknown said:
    (c) Záchranná stanice živočichů Makov - Krmítko

Now you're just showing off!  Well I can't use it because it's too long for video titles, so there! Smile 

I came across this Somerset YouTuber who posted the birds that visited their feeders/garden in December, and I thought they'd gone to a lot of trouble with labels so am sharing it here - they've got a Twitter a/c.

Boreal Ontario

One (at least) of the Gray Jays loves the peanut butter log so much that I think it might do itself an injury:

IMAGICAT

•  Korky's Middle Spotted Woodpecker

Unknown said:
    he has a droopy left wing.

He was in 'n out half a dozen times in fairly quick succession, I've not shown all visits.  He was followed by a GSW, which I included for comparison - then an uninjured Middle Spotted.

IMAGICAT

• Thanks scylla for taking the time to make the comparison video! I think Teejay has tried on several occasions to educate me about the various woodpecker species. It just doesn't sink in.
    Thanks too for the Somerset video link.
  • LOvely garden bird video. pity about the music
    Enjoyed your 'regular' vids Scylla. Bit out of sorts today so I may hide for a day or two.
  • Unknown said:
    Bit out of sorts today

Hope you perk up soon, CIRRUS Kissing heart 

Continuing where I left off...

08 January

Boreal Ontario

Western Meadowlark !!!  but only on the ground. I did a triumphant video but am only posting a snap because it turned out to be unnecessary:

It turned up on the feeder and settled down for a very casual pick at the seeds, and gave us some vocals, known as "churts", which I've amplified abap (for future reference, that's "as best as possible" Grin )... so lucky to have noticed that, as when scrolling I don't hear anything.

Then the Ruffed Grouse!  Nearly 15 minutes doing almost nothing except keeping the little birds (which mainly means the Chickadee and Nuthatch at this feeder, the Redpolls don't appear often) away:

As that video is so inactive you might want to skip it, so here's a snap - I botched the frame and the rescue may be faulty:

IMAGICAT