'FORUM FRIENDS, WILDLIFE-FROM-WHEREVER' (Off-season, all cams off at Loch Garten)

OK I'll start this off. Czech Republic jays and a red squirrel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOsXWkp1_BM

• Thank you for persevering, scylla. I'd give you my very best wishes for Friday's success if I were more confident they would have any worth whatsoever.

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs

• Unknown said:
    I'd give you my very best wishes for Friday's success if I were more confident they would have any worth whatsoever.

Honestly, CC !!! Purple heart  You should know how valued your support is, by me and everyone else here - little band tho we may be Heart eyes 

Today so far I haven't seen any new birds or animals at any of the feeders (Ohio, Ontario, Sapsucker Woods)...  I'll mention this skunk because it spent nearly an hour at the feeder and appeared to be very picky indeed - I wonder if anyone knows what its favourite seed is?

I found a new cam  in Minnesota but for the shortish time I watched it live I didn't see anyone whatsoever - can't wait for the 6 hours to be up so that I can check thru.

• ©WildlifeWatcher Minnesota

Unfortunately there was only an hour of daycam remaining when I started the download.

First in was this Chickadee, showing the usual view:

Next and last, a Northern Cardinal:

It's a PTZ cam and the controller takes control every now and then, particularly to show the ground visitors at night - this is the view (sharpened and brightened a bit), here was a rabbit @ 22:10, that's the only creature seen so far - and this cam and the Ohio, Alabama and Ontario cams have been dropping out, not the California owls tho, what's gong on?

Ohio

Before the evening top-up there was an Opossum feeding, afterwards this young(?) Skunk - his tail is not included for the sake of getting his face looking our way:

• Hoover

Here is a collage of one raccoon and one opossum, and you have to view it with a generous eye Yum 

I had lots more individual snaps but they wouldn't fit, as I don't have software that cuts out the actual shapes.

Boreal Ontario

I noticed a peanut disappear, it took me ages to find out what happened... and then another one, and that was even worse!  I must miss an awful lot!

• For KORKY especially - Lady Hawk's video of Albatross exhibitionism:

• Different squirrels I thought took the peanuts - at least that's what it looked like to me. Cheeky chaps :)

l love the skunk and racoons , thanks Scylla - lovely done - oh yes, and the chickadee

Thank you also for the videos Scylla and for a link to Lady Hawk's - very emotive Lady Hawk .
  • scylla said:
    For KORKY especially - Lady Hawk's video of Albatross exhibitionism:

Awww, thanks scylla! I've not posted much recently but I can assure you I'm keeping an eye on the albies and also, Harriet and M in Florida. She is due to lay an egg soon.

• I've only got some Pine Grosbeak wings from the Boreal Birds Ontario this morning.

Not the first time we've seen one greet or buzz a perched bird in passing:

This wasn't the same event, it was a joint scare-off:

• Ah, the colder it gets the more aggressive they'll become defending a food source. Lovely coloured coordinating frames Scylla, thank you
  • Hoover Alabama

One of the newly-placed Christmas ornaments had to be removed, it was a losing battle trying to keep it upright:

In the evening the tree was also removed:

Apparently, the Opossums we see on north American cams are Virginia Opossum - the ones on the Panama feeder are Common Opossum:

Minnesota 

Purple Finch, Downy Woodpecker, female Northern Cardinal - gotcha all! Smiley

Only rabbits overnight, apart from Murphy, the red GoldenDoodle Kissing heart

Daytime ground view - this was the first non-grey squirrel:

The Purple Finches were happy with seeds but the water tray was still waiting to be refilled:

Boreal Ontario

The Western Meadowlark is still here @ 11 Dec:

And the Ruffed Grouse was back, it was on the nest for 12 minutes!

Such lovely colours:

Meadowlark back on the 12th!  A couple of "different" views:

"Anything Wren can do I can do better" Blush

Ohio

Another pretty skunk:

I wasn't going to bother with yet another Raccoon but this one insisted, at one stage its back end took up the whole screen:

And the Blue Jay gets neglected because it's so "commonplace" (how dare I?!) but it's a lovely bird:

No wonder Scott puts out more food than any of the other cam hosts do, his feeders are the busiest by far!  Just sparrows in this shot, but before and after there were Mourning Doves, Starlings, Blue Jays, Cardinals, RW Blackbirds... you name it, mixed in:

Sapsucker Woods

A single flying squirrel paid a couple of visits in the evening:

Later, the pair:

Tufted Titmouse: