'FORUM FRIENDS, WILDLIFE-FROM-WHEREVER' (Off-season, all cams off at Loch Garten)

OK I'll start this off. Czech Republic jays and a red squirrel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOsXWkp1_BM

• Lynn L said:
    it may be a good time to just close this one.

THREAD CLOSED

See you next year? ManWomanBoy

• scylla said:

THREAD CLOSED

See you next year? ‍ ‍

Well yes, indeed, I hope we do see each other, not just next year, but this year too. 

I hope we'll all get some comfort from our friendly banter on these threads, and are sustained too by viewing our lovely ospreys. With thanks and prayers for you all, and for the folk in the Woodland Trust, RSPB, Wildlife Trusts, Dyfi, Glaslyn etc etc, who work so hard to provide us with moments of joy, and sometimes a little heartbreak along the way.

• I am more than sure we will meet up again, on our beloved Osprey threads Korky, and others no doubt, but the Osps will win me thinks!!

• Thanks, All, for snaps and posts. So here is just what we may or may not need more of--yet another webcam! Apologies to anyone who may have posted this link earlier (I have not had time to catch up on over 500 notifications, about 200 have arrived since the start of the lock downs/stay at home orders, many dozens today alone, so no hope of catching up!). Perhaps I should not have commented on or clicked on 'turn notifications on' for soooo many threads! Have a look at Cornell labs Barred Owl nestcam somewhere in Indiana:
    www.youtube.com/watch 

Edit: Apologies--I posted before I read the last week of posts--hadn't realised the thread was closed.  Mea culpa, please forgive me!

• A new blog from the LG VC - by Ewan, a new member of staff

• Sandra P said:
    Harriet at SWF eagles has laid her 4th egg of the season (2nd one in this second clutch) :)

E15 has hatched and E16 is pipping!

(yeah, I know this thread is closed but....some of youse are interested in this nest like me, especially after the tragedy that befell E14)

• Unknown said:

E15 has hatched and E16 is pipping!

(yeah, I know this thread is closed but....some of youse are interested in this nest like me, especially after the tragedy that befell E14)

==========================================================

Just been watching SWF eagles, Korky, E15 is such a strong baby. The split in E16's egg has happened very quickly, there was only a tiny pip in the shell this afternoon :)

© Dick Pritchett

• Sorry, I just had to post this fantastic news!

At last! After a mammoth 59 hours (2 days, 11 hours, 42 minutes and 26 seconds - as worked out by a Mod), E16 finally hatched! Slight smile

Video by Lady Hawk >

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coMreyYTeiM

©Dick Pritchett/South West Florida Eagle Cam

• Sandra P said:
    After a mammoth 59 hours (2 days, 11 hours and 42 minutes - worked out by a Mod), E16 finally hatched!

Sandra, yes wonderful news! I just watched the first feeding.

• Amazing chick managed to make it out alive after all that time ... do hope that sibling rivalry isn't too aggressive!