'FORUM FRIENDS, WILDLIFE-FROM-WHEREVER' (Off-season, all cams off at Loch Garten)

OK I'll start this off. Czech Republic jays and a red squirrel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOsXWkp1_BM

• Unknown said:
    I think they could be Rainbow Lorikeets.

Of course they are!  They looked so much darker than the ones I found in a search, but if I'd put the video on full screen I'd have seen the colours more clearly.  Thank you :)

Scuse my Black Phoebe/Dark-eyed Junco muddles - it's as much the names as the birds themselves.

This must be the "slate-colored":

Pre-daycam.

• Unknown said:
    iDeed

Love it! Heart eyes  That's even more impressive than your Cowbird work, LISA ;-D

• The Sydney Sea Eagle cams are quite dark at the best of times, worse now - have lightened this:

Closeups were out of focus.

Early morning Australian summer :(

• Ulp. Just noticed I’d posted my comment twice. Sorry folks! Can’t figure out how to delete second one.
  • Unknown said:
    Well, yes, Korky it might win the prize but I personally think its horrid (forgive me)

Yes it's not very often that the scenery is brighter than the birds!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kPv8TUlIhQ&feature=youtu.be&app=desktop

• Don't worry, Lisa, posting something twice is easily done as many of us will attest! It is possible to delete an entire post but I do not know how; I assume someone else can tell us how that is done. Barring that, you can delete the bulk of your duplicated post by clicking on the blue 'More' at the bottom of your duplicated post and then clicking on 'Edit'. A post by someone else prior to your post will appear with your post beneath it. You can then click on that and then backspace to delete it or highlight and delete your post. I then write 'Duplicate post--deleted' which at least shortens the space a bit which was taken by the duplicated post.

Edit:  I see there is also a choice of 'Delete' when you click on the blue 'More'.  Very possibly clicking on that will entirely delete your duplicate post!

• Unknown said:
    Edit:  I see there is also a choice of 'Delete' when you click on the blue 'More'.  Very possibly clicking on that will entirely delete your duplicate post!

Oh dang, I was just going to tell her that ;)  It was extremely clever to do a duplicate post in the first place :o

• Two days behind with Ohio now, so an even sketchier scroll-thru will follow :(

During the morning the Starlings prevailed, with Mourning Doves joining in as best they could - the little birds were mainly crowded out until the afternoon.

The woodpeckers had nearly finished their targeted food hunk so it was dropped down onto the critter feeder and replaced with what looked like a thick slice of very underbaked seedy bread:

The nest day started with attempted snow, Scott was out early, what a conscientious man!

Several minutes later a squirrel was the first visitor:

Once again the day was dominated by Starlings and Mourning Doves, with the little birds fitting in where they could.

See these two healthy but slightly different Mourning Doves:

I found this:

Mourning doves, for the most part, have beige, brownish-gray or light brown plumage. Their wings are adorned with black markings. Their tiny beaks are black, and their legs are reddish. The feathers on their tails feature white edges. Colorwise, male mourning doves are a bit more vivid and intense. The males' breast regions exhibit some pink coloration, and the highest parts of their heads are also somewhat blue.

One a little the worse for wear:

Noon topup:

18:45 topup:

After a snowy night, the squirrel was first again - at almost exactly the same time:

The Starling was one of many there but the RB Woodpecker managed to scare them off for a split second ;)

Done up to 11:40 local time today.

• Ohio groung feeders

I could not follow this crow's decision-making process:

Cat (I've kept small, as an apology) spent nearly 15 minutes nibbling O  (I discovered that O emoji by typing :o and waiting without a space - I wonder what it's for?)

Only rabbits all night - unexpectedly hardy!  Do the other critters go hungry or have they got somewhere else to source nighttime food?

It was up to squirrels to clear off some snow in the morning:

More Rainbow Lorikeets - I'd not seen them over the breeding season, not surprising I suppose:

Car. Wren didn't turn around - I see it nearly every day:

Woody may have been having a go at the seeds/nuts... or the unseen Starling to its right: