'FORUM FRIENDS, WILDLIFE-FROM-WHEREVER' (Off-season, all cams off at Loch Garten)

OK I'll start this off. Czech Republic jays and a red squirrel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOsXWkp1_BM

• Nobody ate from the seed block but a raccoon shifted it out of its way:

It snowed quite heavily 17/18 nighttime.

The rabbits were not intimidated by snowfall:

It quickly built up:

The black cat can hardly be a treasured pet, surely?

The cardinals and a sparrow were first in, somewhat nonplussed:

This must be the bird that I thought was a Black Phoebe - obviously there's more than one individual here, they could be 2 species or male and female ???  Could not get clearer.

Later there were many periods of many birds, some more than this but I liked the Starling spat:

First in on the bird feeder, but it didn't stay:

Then there was more snow, here were the first birds in colour:

Knackered now, signing off.

IMAGICAT

• scylla said:

This must be the bird that I thought was a Black Phoebe - obviously there's more than one individual here, they could be 2 species or male and female ???  Could not get clearer.

Dark-eyed Juncos methinks, Scylla. 

Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• Morning, All. Note from US birder friend (lives in Alaska now, but originally from Wisconsin, has birded all over the States and some of the world):
    'I think the birds are females or young of the year Brown-headed Cowbirds. They can be found year-round in Ohio according to the bird app that I am looking at. They would definitely be eating with starlings and House Sparrows as shown in the photos too.'

Kind regards, Ann

• Before I go - another Australian bird - I can't ID this pair, they're wrong for King Parrot, I'm not sure they're even parrots, no more time to investigate:

IMAGICAT

• My comment above was for the birds noted by TJ and CC as possibly Brown Headed Cowbird which were posted earlier by Scylla. Must go out now, but will ask US friend later today about the Junco ID--they certainly do look like some sort of Junco.

Kind regards, Ann

• Thank you, GardenBirder - I've got an American birder e-pal I could ask, but she's very California-based, not sure about the whole USA.

I can't switch off !!!  A sudden thought: "What happened to the seed block that was on the critter tray?" ... Off to the Recycle Bin I go, and soon got rewarded - only 15 seconds long :)

IMAGICAT

• scylla said:
    Before I go - another Australian bird - I can't ID this pair

I think they could be Rainbow Lorikeets. I believe they are quite common along the eastern seaboard of Australia.

Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• I agree with TeeJay and Scylla. They look like the Dark-eyed Juncos that come to the feeders in my garden.
  • I agree, Gardenbirder.  I enlarged one of Scylla’s screenshots and ran it through Merlin Bird ID with location and it was iDeed as a male Brown Headed Cowbird. Scylla’s:

Merlin ID:

Female:

• I agree, Gardenbirder.  I enlarged one of Scylla’s screenshots and ran it through Merlin Bird ID with location and it was iDeed as a male Brown Headed Cowbird. Scylla’s:

Merlin ID:

Female: