WEEKLY CHAT (non-osprey) SUNDAY, DECEMBER 1, 2019

Only 24 shopping days to Christmas!   

PatO:  There was a discussion on the radio this morning about Black Friday having spilled over into the preceding and following days and even weeks.  Watch out!  It will soon by Cyber Monday, to be followed by Giving Tuesday.  (Today is Small Business Saturday.)    Then it will be When Will-It-Ever-End Wednesday,  Thoroughly-Fed-up-with-It Thursday and For-Heaven's-Sake-Enough-Already Friday! etc., etc.....

Lindybird: Hope Tomasz had a super b/day and that you had a good ride home.

OG:  No speech necessary to Chat here!

Raining again today.   I went down to Ventura to look for a couple of things early this morning.  Found them all at TJMaxx after fruitless and overwhelming brief stop at the nearby mall, which was still very quiet that early.   If you know Ugg boots, the company that makes (Deckers) them has its corporate headquarters a mile from us just across the freeway - and an outlet store in Oxnard, where things are half price or less. This morning, they had Ugg ankle boots for $14.99 - all in large sizes (didn't need any; didn't buy any).   I watched a couple take an entire stack and load them into their car, presumably to sell somewhere else for more money, which I though was a bit rude, but nobody asked me.

Anyway, have a good Sunday all.  

• Our posts crossed, OG !

Now to rifle around in the boxes for other things to use in the house. Not too little, not too much.....
  • "Happiness is in the middle, not too little, not too much" - a quote I read somewhere, Heather. Glad your tree is up and you can enjoy just pottering with your other decs.

Dry here as I said, and we even had some sunshine for about half an hour. Went to the supermarket and found it heaving with people filling their trolleys as if it was Christmas Eve already! Has to queue to get out through the tills, but lady next to me agreed it was no use grumbling. When I reached home I found my OH on a ladder putting up our outdoor lights, although we're not going to light them up just yet. He also took down our hanging baskets which have finally begun to deteriorate..

This afternoon I will have to clear my desk and we will try to remove the carpet in the study. Not looking forward to it, so have bought a nice shoulder of lamb for tonight to cheer us up. Just ate two hot cross buns each!! - saw them this morning and couldn't resist... ....
  • Oh LINDY - lamb ! Send some to me, please.
  • We have some leftover lamb, Heather, as it was too much for us to eat it all, and I don't want too much on my plate these days. Will send you some... ....

We deserved a good meal, after our exertions today. Had to take the pc apart, taking photos of the connections as we went, and putting sticky labels on the cables with notes as to where they plug in. Goodness knows whether we can put it all back together again! Then my OH tried to tackle dismantling the desk, at least in part, as we found that it looks too large to go out through the door. Neither of us remember buying it or whether it arrived in one piece when it was delivered.

Not to mention the four cardboard boxes of papers, discs, photographs, stationery and card making tools which I had to dig out.

Next instalment tomorrow.