WEEKLY CHAT (Non-Osprey) Sunday, November 3, 2019

Happy New Week all - our clocks go back tonight (at least here in California).

• Sorry, Annette - are you wondering if you've missed something re my OH? I did say that he'd had a mole removed. It was quite a big mark, and they took a lot of skin plus a deep incision, just to make sure it would be OK. It left a four inch gash on his inner thigh, plus a good two inches of purple bruising around it, and a row of stitching along it.

• Heather: I'm so sorry about your ornament.

Lindy: I hope your OH will heal quickly.

• Lindybird:  I did remember your OH's visit to the doc - but that was a big chunk they took out!  Have a good drive home.

Diane: It was either a Cooper's Hawk or a Shark-Shinned Hawk.  I should know, it was there long enough. I'm going to try to post a poorly focused shot of it, but if it looks ghastly, I'll delete it.  I hope the bad weather will spare your house.  

• LINDY that is some incision - he has indeed been very stoical, as you say.
    ANNETTE - now I hear that your Governor is accused of mismanaging the forests, not picking up fallen leaves and thus causing the fires.... I liked his riposte to the sender of the Tweet :-)

Still wet here today, gardens, pavements, all covered with fallen leaves.
  • Morning all:

Heather: Yes, well, it's all our Governor's fault, right?  He needs to be out there raking up leaves instead of running the state!  :-))  I see that Boris has banned release of the Russia/Brexit referendum docs until after the election.  Who are these lawless buffoons and why are people tolerating them!  Grrrr.  Not that I'm mad about Jeremy.  Meanwhile, we'e beginning to see our presidential field thin out - and still a year to go until the election. At least yours will be over with in about a month. 

Diane: Couldn't get any of the multiple reduced images of the hawk to upload.  All I got was the dialog box telling me no image was selected

Cool and foggy-ish here today.  Am meeting Brit friend tomorrow for catch-up and a good whinge, though I doubt we'll spend much time on politics. She was a Boris supporter but I think she is now seriously disenchanted.  :-)

• Home again after a busy day... cleaned and tidied the van, packed up stuff which might get damp in winter, treated everything with anti freeze and switched everything off. Then set off for Chester, with a map, as my OH had been told by a golf buddy where he could seek new golf shoes in his size (12...)

Found it without difficulty, bought some shoes, then drove along the busy A roads and motorways, getting home for 2.30. Phew!

A late lunch and lots of unpacking, now.
  • Crossed posts with you, Annette. Think that excepting the die hards of one ilk of another, most of the UK population are seriously disenchanted with the whole lot of 'em!
  • Glad you are home safely, LINDY and also managed to get the (big) shoes!
    So dull and damp here, I have been outside sweeping up wet leaves. Not my favourite way to spend time.

I can't remember if J had his surgery today. Thinking about the three of them.
  • Wet leaves are much harder work than dry ones, Heather, and even dry ones can be a pain.
  • LINDY , our local weather forecaster posted an hour ago ' those of you thinking about building an ark can relax. Better weather tomorrow'. Oh, how I hope so! I only went out to sweep leaves because I was so fed up looking at the mess. Everyone is telling me not to worry, I wish I had my hearing ears on :-)