Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 13 October 2019

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY FULL MOON!

Sunday the 13th is the full Hunter's Moon. It occurs just a few days after reaching apogee, the farthest point in the moon's orbit from earth. So, this will be "smallest" full moon of the year 2019. However, because of the point and direction that it will rise, some sources said that it will appear large and orange!

Everyone have a wonderful week. My area had its first frost of the season last night!

• Thanks, HEATHER, that makes me more optimistic - but - guess what ---the light in the new replacement smart combi oven has failed, and it's too new for its registration to have been recorded!

OH went to Tesco for milk (delivery from dairy doesn't start till next Monday) so J took over washing up duties while he was gone.

• I wonder if you are getting power surges, OG. Or is that an urban myth? I know little about these things!
  • That was my first thought, HEATHER, but the affected circuits are separate - and it was only the first one - oven - which blew the RCD.
  • We've had a busy day, as I thought. Went to visit Sue this morning, and she gave us coffees whilst we talked about things in general, then helped her with her online registration for our exciting cruise. We have been planning it and discussing it, since we booked. We had a good choice of cabins since it was so early in the cruise being offered, and are pleased with their location and the fact that we were able to get two cabins next door to each other. We leave the UK from Newcastle, which we think will only take a four hour journey by car, so will not need to stay over.

After our quick lunch (and a pop into the local Tip with some rubbish), we went to a local event: advertised as "Antiques Roadshow", there was a gentleman installed behind a table in the local Sports Club who would do valuations of any small items. We sold some jewellery which my mother left to me, including my father's gold wedding ring. This made me feel rather strange but it was a necessary decision - no one in the family would ever wear it, and we don't want our children to have lots of things to sort out, one day.
  • This afternoon we also went to see the Consultant about my OH finding two suspect looking moles. One was dismissed as "nothing, it's OK," but she didn't like the look of the other one, on his thigh, so has arranged that he have it removed. It's not even going to be tested first, but it was decided that it would be best taken off and then it would be done with, just to be on the safe side.
  • OG, I hope you are all coping with the muddle of having to cope with the aftermath of your drama. Fingers crossed that the oven can be fixed.
  • Tired to bed now, and hoping for a quieter day tomorrow. I also wrote two emails and did an hour's ironing, in between galloping out of the house! Nice to see the ironing basket empty, though :-)
  • OG;  Oh dear.  It must make you wonder "what next?"

Lindybird:  Doc could also do a biopsy of the mole she removes....   It makes sense to dispose of things our kids won't want (even though they may come back in style decades down the road...)  

I'm watching the Democrat debate.  Still too many candidates and I wonder when the field will finally slim down.

Take care all.

• Good Morning. A wet night. Supposed to dry up, later.

Annette, yes, they will take a biopsy of the mole, and because he has now a history of this kind of thing, they promise they will be keeping a close eye on him for the future if it proves to be something nasty.