OFF-SEASON OBS - LOCH GARTEN - September 2019-February 2020

I'm not doing a post-mortem of the LG 2019 season.

Here's to a colourful, action-packed off-season - but the cam needs repositioning and cleaning.  MIKE ??? !!! ;-D

03 September!

As KORKY may have retired in despair (I nearly did myself!), here is An Animal's Guide to Britain.

(Originally posted by IAN and reposted by KORKY here with comments Slight smile ) 

IMAGICAT

• Unknown said:
    BOPS'd.....?

That's our silly expression Bottom Of Page Syndrome ;)

Hurry back!  I shan't have anything new, I shouldn't think - the birds are a delight to watch but a bit repetitive to post snaps of :)

Last tonight was this Coat Tit:

IMAGICAT

• I couldn't do the 6-hour morning session because there was a corruption in it that sent the editor into "not responding" mode, no matter how many times I started afresh.

A Great and 2 Blues:

Just 2 Blues:

Uh-oh!  Now the drag 'n drop has stopped working - I'll post this and come back and edit...

3 Coals (are you swooning over my expertise yet?):

A pastel Chaffie (nobody's told me any different yet... and the frame/background colour is an experiment, can't tell what it will look like on the page until it's on the page):

An "ordinary" Chaffie:

An elegant Chaffie:

Great:

Can't do any more tonight.  The birds have been much more fabulous than my snaps portray, I can't do them justice.

IMAGICAT

• I am delighted with you expertise Scylla. Lovely snaps and coloured frames to match.
    Your pastel chaffie is a female and the elegant and ordinary is the male.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Can't imagine those birdies could be any nicer than your snaps plus special treatment, scylla!

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs

• A Crestie was last at the feeder last evening, it paid about 3 visits at that time.  It took some pieces of peanuts to the perch and tussled with them, one it flew away with.

IMAGICAT

• Thank you for the Chaffie info, CATLADY :-*

IMAGICAT

• Lovely captures SCYLLA and with those pretty frames too
    Went to the London Wetland Centre yesterday and saw my first ever jackdaw looking very smart
  • Hi PATILY - very please for you that you got a first :)  I don't think I've ever seen a jackdaw.

This morning a squirrel kept everyone else at bay for at least half an hour:

It looked rather wet:

Then this unprepossessing chap arrived:

But he was actually a very fine looking fellow:

The light changed:

I must remember not to do these "deep" ones cos they don't display big enough Disappointed

Don't know why, but the squirrel took a break and then went back to business:

Crestie dropped a peanut and darted down after it - we'll never know if it caught it:

That's only up to lunchtime.  Once they got going there were a lot of munchers all morning.

IMAGICAT