Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 18 August 2019

HAPPY NEW WEEK! 

I hope everyone has a wonderful week. 

OG: I'm thinking of you every day and sending you strength. I'm sorry that you must endure so much uncertainty right now. 

All: I'll come back and make replies soon. I've been really busy today, and I'm running out of steam. LOL

• Guess the site is funny again, LINDY! Enjoy your time in Wales
    OG - Thinking about J today and hoping that he gets the phone call - no further delays.

I'm being taken out to lunch today by stepson and family - his youngest daughter is up here for a few days.

Congratulations to your nephew's daughter, ANNETTE! Now, what is the correct title for the offspring of a nephew? Is it great nephew? I haven't a clue.

I keep having to sign back in, here - on both tablets and desktop computer.
  • Guess the site is funny again, LINDY! Enjoy your time in Wales
    OG - Thinking about J today and hoping that he gets the phone call - no further delays.

I'm being taken out to lunch today by stepson and family - his youngest daughter is up here for a few days.

Congratulations to your nephew's daughter, ANNETTE! Now, what is the correct title for the offspring of a nephew? Is it great nephew? I haven't a clue.

I keep having to sign back in, here - on both tablets and desktop computer.
  • And yes - the same thing happened to me! The site is incredibly slow this morning and I pressed twice....
  • Not going to try a real post while the site is so "iffy", no news yet.
  • Heather -- My niece and her ''partner' adopted a little boy last year. I refer to him as my great-nephew. Don't know whether that's politically correct, but it sounds right to me, and people seem to know what I mean ...

The site seems to log me out every time I post something, or even read posts. I'm surprised it's still misbehaving after so long - would have thought it would be working smoothly by now. But what do I know?
  • Morning all At this point, I'm only having to log in every Tuesday but have resisted the temptation to keep clicking on the Reply button when nothing seems to be happening.

According to Google's links, it's great-nephew/niece, though grandnephew/niece is a (less popular?) option.

Gray and overcast here; damp sidewalks, but pleasant...
  • J did not receive the promised phonecall! He is being quite philosophical about it – says if they aren’t worried, he needn’t worry either! He said he won’t make any special arrangements to be available on the phone next Monday, and if they can’t get hold of him they will have to keep trying. Actually, he and I both had the thought that maybe they will send something by post to give more detail.
  • Been trying to post for two hours.... .... we arrived ok, after a long day and a wearying journey. Will try to post more tomorrow if it will let me.

• Made it to our destination but not without the odd hiccup as Duke was rushed to the vet for the second time this week.. lost 2 and half kilos in 5 days and wobbly . So an hour and a half later he was deemed to travel. Vet did every test possible so will take our days slowly .