Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 23 June 2019

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week! 

Raining and raining and raining here.

• Annette: I missed it all. The landing. The launch. Everything. I was exhausted, and I had no choice but to go to bed early. I'm glad I did. I feel better. LOL Glad you were able to see what you did. We're promised sunshine today. I may need an astronomer to identify the sun for me. I forget what it looks like. Thanks for that link! I will definitely check it out. I need stuff like that to relax me.

Lindy: That's a wonderful picture of the busy Amber. LOL

Hello to all. 

•  Wow, Annette, its wonderful.   Came across a jacaranda tree in SA on our tour round in 2008 but unfortunately not in bloom, but the bougainvillea  below it was in full array on a wet day, it looked magnificent.  Not as spectacular as yours,  however, took one of a bougainvillea tree at the ostrich farm in Oodtshorn and it was fabulous.   Unfortunately only got part of it but it was a massive tree, take no notice of the couple!!!

• Lindy - love the pic of Amber, like all young children do - dig to Australia!!

Back with the rain today, OH was going to finish the lawns by doing our side lawn but that has had to be halted. Quite miserable , still we have July to look forward too and hopefully some better summer weather??
  • Heather B said:
    Now the pic has appeared, LINDY!! Thank you.

It wouldn't post my pic at first, so I came back and inserted it again, later!

Rain has just stopped here, in the last hour. It poured this morning as I ran around nearby town and I had to dodge large puddles in the street, plus minor floods on the roads home. Bought two new mugs for the kitchen as some of ours are looking sad: they've been washed so often in the dishwasher that the pattern has worn off. I like a smaller mug than some of the popular ones now, which seem enormous to me!

• Lynette, lovely pics of the blossoms. The weather is supposed to dry up and also get lots warmer as from today!
  • Morning all:  

Lindybird: I love the pic of Amber and wonder if kiddies in OZ are told they can dig to England.....   Maybe AQ knows???

Lynette: Gosh, that could be our neighborhood with the Jacaranda and Bougainvillea...

Heather: Having lost several posts going back and forth, I''d suggest having the WC open in two windows so you can refer to one while typing in the other.  (It helps when there's lots of posts/news.)

Diane:  I gather they managed to catch the nose cone-in a net of all things-and the two boosters that returned to land, but not the central booster that missed its ocean landing.  In addition to all the satellites, the rocket was also carrying a LightSail that is supposed to go into orbit but is powered only by the sun.  Exciting times, eh?  How is that freelance project going?  Are you still working on it?

Gray and very drizzly here this morning.  

• LYNETTE I do hope so. think the weather is going to improve from tomorrow.
  • HEATHER like the sound of that weed thingy.
  • It It is called a weed puller, DIBNLIB. Made by FISKAR . Just magic! It leaves a small hole in the turf but no more than if you were using a knife.
  • HEATHER: Just checked out a video of the Fiskar week puller - that looks like a handy device indeed.