Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 23 June 2019

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week! 

Raining and raining and raining here.

• DIBNLIB/ANNETTE- anything rather than crawl around the garden! I suspect that the seeds are on the blades of the gardener's mower. I've never had these, they are a variety of plantain, I think. Certainly not ordinary dandelions. I should be mowing my own grass......

LINDY - I read your post as 'rugs' not mugs and then wondered why you would wash them in the dishwasher! Oh dear.
  • HEATHER: And I referred to the Fiskar "week" puller. Don't need those to disappear any faster than they already do!
  •  Heather - must have a look at that weed puller, sounds just the ticket.

Managed to enhance the jacaranda tree which is showing blossom.  Also travelling through the Little Karoo through the small villages there was bourganvilllea everywhere.

•    This is the bouganvillea tree in full bloom at Oodtshorn,  forgotten I'd got a full picture of it.

• Annette: That LightSail is incredible. I'm not a fan of Elon Musk (not at all), but if our crews are going to remain on the ISS, we need to develop the vehicles to take them back and forth -- without relying on Russia. My freelance project is a ….challenge. The deadline has been extended.

Lynette: That bougainvillea is glorious!
  • LINDA – We used to say we were digging to China. Obviously we didn’t think of the globe. . . or maybe we intended to detour around the hot stuff.

LYNETTE – For a moment I thought you had been here to our SA (South Australia).

To Murattis yesterday for morning coffee, etc, deferred from last week. Sick chick recovered & eating again after few days. Dau & I chattered so much we stayed for lunch (wee frittata, just enough after indulging with wee gateaux earlier. Eventually we were brought our third pair of glasses of water, so we scuttled off. It was almost 2 pm and Dau had errands before school & kindy pickup. Nanny duty this arvo.

• Evening all:

AQ: Oh dear - and I was thinking Lynette mean South Australia too! Oodtshorn should've been a clue. I'll have to go to Murattis if I ever get down that way.

Diane: Take care; hope that deadline works for you.
  • Good Morning. Dull & cloudy here, but should be dry today.

Eldest is coming up to stay here on Saturday, in order to catch up with friends.

Diane, thinking of you, toiling away. It sounds like a tough assignment.

AQ - Nice that you had chance to catch up with your daughter. We were not told as children, that it could have got just a little warm on the way through to Aus if we dug hard enough....
  • DIANE - Good luck with completing the job - although I'm pretty sure that luck doesn't come into it.

LINDY - I get quite confused with your two sons. Is the one that is coming up the same one that was at the party but his wife couldn't come?

AQ - that catch up, just the two of you, sounds great. And my mouth was watering - I love frittata even though I'm not a huge egg fan, usually.

The sun is supposed to be making an appearance today so I've got the gardening togs on. That could bring on the clouds and rain.

Take care, all.
  • Heather - Yes, that's our Eldest, the one who lives the furthest away and Amber's doting daddy. They had a good holiday in Lanzarote recently, where the photo was taken.

But I don't expect you to remember all my family details, its too complicated :-)

(We are off to visit our Youngest on Friday, as she has an extra scan for the baby, just to be on the safe side. We will collect the children from school and nursery whilst they're busy)