Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 23 June 2019

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week! 

Raining and raining and raining here.

• Trying to upload photo of Jacaranda tree in our neighborhood.  There are lots of them around; they've all gone mad this year thanks to the rain....

Oh my, it worked.

• Forecast is for better weather 2nd half of the week. I do hope so.
  • That Jacaranda tree is glorious!!! I just love those trees. Wish I had one, but Indiana is too cold for them.
  • Annette and Anyone: I just found out that 3 crew members from the International Space Station are coming home to Earth tonight. The leaving and arrival will be shown on NASA TV. Times in the article are Eastern Daylight Time. California is 3 hours earlier than EDT and the UK is 5 hours later than EDT.

Sorry all for two space posts today! 

• DIANE I 'll be able to watch the departure from the ISS before I go to yoga and should be home again about 7:40 so may see the landing, then maybe have a quick shower, grab a glass of wine and watch the Falcon launch. It's all happening! :-)) Thanks!
  • DIANE: If you look at spotthestation.nasa.gov/tracking_map.cfm it shows the position of the ISS but also a Google Earth view of the terrain below (It has "for development purposes only),
  • DIANE: Got in the door and rushed past OH in time to see the landing - just. I gather the Falcon launch has been delayed until 2:30 am Eastern Time..... I shall probably watch it.

EDIT:  But maybe not.  I'm fading fast!

• Good Morning. Rain here on & off all night. Warm today.

Thanks to Annette for the beautiful Jacaranda tree pic.

Thought you might be amused by this pic of our granddaughter Amber on holiday, trying to dig her way to Aus!!

• I can't believe it. I was writing a post, then thought I'd look back to refresh my memory and see what was on page 1. Came back to page two, my half written message has disappeared.

I'll start again.

LYNETTE - what patience your brother has, to wait all these years for the house improvements -

OG - I hope that J is feeling less unwell today. I don't know about a non ordained RAF padre - I've met a few in my time, but all fully fledged , so to speak !!

LINDY - no pic showing here! Good that you enjoyed time with the family.

ANNETTE - The first time that I saw jacaranda trees was in Madeira - a whole avenue of them. A splendid sight.

Not a lot happening here. Yesterday was so wet and not very warm. Gardener supposed to be cutting grass today but I doubt that he'll arrive.
    I bought a nifty weed removing thingy on Sunday. It takes dandelions out of the grass without me having to bend down. I'm easily pleased...
    Granddaughter Katie arrived last evening to borrow my food mixer. She is planning a birthday cake for her cousin Isla that involves twelve eggs. The mind boggles. My mixer is a large one, far too big for me these days so I have donated it to them. I'm not sure how grateful my eldest daughter is! She suggested that we swap mixers as hers is smaller. However, after thinking about it, she said that unlike me, she doesn't have a Harry Potter cupboard (under the stairs) so storage of the big machine and all it's attachments might be a problem for her.
  • Now the pic has appeared, LINDY!! Thank you.