We carry on in the absence of dearest EJ (RIP):

Courtesy of MIKE but he may not remember this particular wet morning ;-*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No-one seen overnight.

DAYCAM 03:55

We had a Stonechat !!!

It came back again and again to the same perch, this is one example:

And another:

Then it chose a different perch !!!  Sensational ;)

One outage:

That's up to 14:25.

• I let the cam go downhill again :(

NIGHTCAM 23:05

We have a new spider:

Suddenly a buffer and the cam improved all on its own:

DAYCAM 04:03

What (too scared to say "who") will today bring? :)))

• Oh RATS !!!  (As CIRRUS would say ;) )  BIRDIE, you gazumped me yet again!  You weren't here when I refreshed, where did the time go?!

It's taken me more than half an hour to sort this out.  This was my screen-capture:

I had to find it on roll-back and record on "this" laptop with a .wmv recorder, which my editor can't handle very well:

And here they are/were :) 

• Last night I set the browser on 15-minutely refreshes (ensuring we'll have a cut-out just as an osprey does something special... like land on the nest, for instance ;) ).

Before:

After:

As long as I insist on timeline, which has to be via screen-capture, there's no answer to it :(

• Alison, who volunteers at LG on a regular basis, posted some pics on their closed FB page of yesterday's intruder.  She contacted me to say she was happy for me to post them here.  One photo in particular shows the 'clip ring' suggesting, as Valerie has reported, a foreign bird.

Alison:     Great to have an osprey visiting the Loch Garten nest this afternoon with a fish. It arrived around 14:35 and ate the fish perched on the camera post on the nest. It was still there when I left at 16:45. It has a metal ring on its right leg but not a UK type - so probably from somewhere in Europe.

And this was the 17.33 visit when the metal ring was just visible. 

Alison and Valerie are confident it wasn't a BTO ring, but a Continental clip ring, a photo of which you can see here

Thank you Alison!

• LOL Valerie. I thought it might show the meaning of the word 'clip'! Although I confess I hadn't noticed pigeons!
  • Thank you Alan, a much better and more appropriate example!

• That super Alan! Thank you. I love the translation too.
  • Thank you ALISON-via-SHEILA for the lovely photos of our visitor yesterday Slight smile

SHEILA - that was a super little video of the clips being applied/unclipped - they're still plastic but we can't have everything, can we?

Very clear pics, thank you, ALAN.

What's happened to our campost?  It's not flat-topped any more - am I misremembering it, or have I missed an accident it suffered?

• Lightning followed a few seconds later by thunder - here in south London. LG looks fine and breezy.
  • Just catching up on some excellent updates and snaps on various threads. Lovely to see the cresties BNN and scylla, and delighted to see Lenspider's cousin. And fascinating to have some ID on the osps from yesterday, thank you Valerie, Alison, Sheila and Alan.