We carry on in the absence of dearest EJ (RIP):

Courtesy of MIKE but he may not remember this particular wet morning ;-*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No-one seen overnight.

DAYCAM 03:55

We had a Stonechat !!!

It came back again and again to the same perch, this is one example:

And another:

Then it chose a different perch !!!  Sensational ;)

One outage:

That's up to 14:25.

• 02 June

NIGHTCAM

03 June

DAYCAM 04:09

I am suspicious as to what day we're watching, as the grass movements look so familiar.  The "permanent" link still gives this:

But the Carnyx Live Now link gives the nest.

• scylla said:
    I am suspicious as to what day we're watching, as the grass movements look so familiar.

You crack me up over and over again. :-D I have come to look forward to the peregrine updates.... :-)

What a great recap, BNN, and nice to know everyone is just as mystified and disappointed as we are. And so nice to see you, too, BNN, after your world famous PM capture of last year!

• The "permanent" link is back on the perries:

• 03 JUNE

NIGHTCAM 22:53

04 JUNE

DAYCAM

No-one seen overnight.

No-one seen up to 12:04.

• Thank you for your faithfulness Scylla. You remind me of Sandra D in this respect (Welsh lady), she was so devoted to Lady and the nest at LoTL
  • I remember Sandra (RIP), CIRRUS, but never got to know her really well.

It's raining quite heavily at LG.

• I acknowledge Tiger's phenomenal knowledge, and bow to his opinion, but I find it a little difficult to understand "Ospreys are not interested in a bare nest. They are far more interested in an occupied nest. If they manage to oust one of the pair they not only gain a nest but a partner too.".

It sounds a bit like the chicken and egg scenario.  Someone has to make the first move!  I could well be wrong, but Louis at Loch Arkaig was a single male in 2017 and we all agreed that when Aila arrived, he was a first time breeder.  There must be some osprey out there looking for a nest!

I love how the nest 'garden' is developing.  We now have another first - grass with seed heads!

• What is needed is a young bird who has not read the Osprey Rule Book. Some do create new nests, so there must be a few who are entrepreneurs.
  • SheilaFE said:

I acknowledge Tiger's phenomenal knowledge, and bow to his opinion, but I find it a little difficult to understand "Ospreys are not interested in a bare nest. They are far more interested in an occupied nest. If they manage to oust one of the pair they not only gain a nest but a partner too.".

It sounds a bit like the chicken and egg scenario.  Someone has to make the first move!  I could well be wrong, but Louis at Loch Arkaig was a single male in 2017 and we all agreed that when Aila arrived, he was a first time breeder.  There must be some osprey out there looking for a nest!

I love how the nest 'garden' is developing.  We now have another first - grass with seed heads!

As I mentioned that was my private thoughts before I asked Tiger that question as I’m a novice in birdwatching although I’ve been a member of the RSPB since the early 1970’s and I was wondering why there had been no attempt to take over the Osprey nest and practically no sightings of any Ospreys on the nest at all so far in 2019 with only very few brief sightings on the nest and not for very long. And I put 2 and 2 together and I thats how I asked that question to Tiger as I know he is very knowledgeable about Ospreys. And I didn’t want to say what I privately thought in case it upset anyone and I wasn’t certain that this could be the reason. But sadly my fears where confirmed when Tiger gave me his answer what I really thought and feared.

• Maybe we just need a female.