Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 12 May 2019

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY FULL MOON

I hope everyone has a great week! 

The full "flower" moon is next Saturday (the 18th)!

Still relentlessly raining here...

• Yes Heather, I made up a packed lunch and we went to the Rugby Club to start a circular walk of 7 miles by the Caledonian Canal. We ate our sandwiches at Dochgarroch. It is a while since I walked that far as my heel problems really limited me.

I am so glad you have brightened up and will be off to Simpsons or Dobbies. We browsed at Simpsons this afternoon but will be leaving our plant buying for a couple of weeks.

Tomorrow I have an appt for an assessment to see about having my 2nd cataract done.
  • Bumping up. Now everyone is lurking perhaps? Nothing much happening here. Fine day, no more rain expected this week. I am thinking of taking my camera on an outing to the city tomorrow to capture some "old" buildings.
  • Good Morning. Glad you enjoyed your long walk, dibnlib. Nice to enjoy your own sandwiches.

AQ - Looking forward already, to seeing your photos!

Another sunny day here: we hope to sit around a little this afternoon, but the plan is to go for a walk this morning, then clean up and tidy up this afternoon, as our Youngest and family will be the next occupants. Also, going to hang a new net curtain next to the dining table, as I finally found it (at midnight) last night, hidden inside the bedroom stool which has storage. Bah! - I'd looked everywhere, some places twice. No memory of having hidden it away.

My OH began with a snuffle on Saturday, which turned into a streaming cold yesterday. He's being brave about it, but I hope I don't get it myself!
  • I'm glad that you enjoyed the walk, DIBNLIB - hope that your heels are OK today....

LINDY - I imagine that you must have heaved a very big sigh of relief when you found the missing net curtains!
    OH must be catching germs at the golf club....

AQ - I'll look forward to seeing the pics of old buildings - are we speaking about Adelaide? I've got a memory lapse, sorry.

Eldest daughter and I did make it to the garden centre and I have trays of plants in the sittooterie, hardening off before they get potted etc.

It is reasonably warm here today but the wind is cool. I must do some weeding of crazy paving paths..

• Sorry I didn't do replies yesterday. I do vaguely remember someone asking about the old tiles: they were ten years ago very good tiles - top price and non-slip, but the tiler at that time messed up laying them on the floor - the walls were fine within the shower area - and the underfloor heating had been damaged also by the tiler so there was also a cold spot. As time passed, the wee tiles (backed in one foot sections), within the actual shower part of the room, seemed to be wearing at the edges and they hurt my feet. This was partly the vulnerability of my hands and feet being very sensitive due to the psoriatic arthritis. So we decided it was time for a change.

I haven't gone out shopping with OH today as he has three different places to go - too much getting in and out of the car. I'm not bothered as I can now go out in the garden when I choose, and anyway I shall be going to the garden centre with him tomorrow - which will include lunch. J has started his new timetable today - starting later in the mornings and working all five days including Wednesdays now; he will normally walk to work, although OH is prepared to offer lifts in bad weather.

Yesterday, after church, I was busy phoning family (OH's nieces and brother) who have failed to RSVP to the invitations to J's party - and I need to give numbers to the venue soon. I also had a good phone chat with Granddaughter#1 - really should phone her more often as I always hear more news from her than from her mother!

Now going to check up on various things which need catching up from the weekend - usual thing of good weather taking us into the garden rather than being busy inside!
  • OG:  It was me (I?) who asked about the tiles.  We ended up with little octagonal ones that matched the wall tile when we did daughter's bathroom in AZ last year.  We'd looked a some really pretty  "river" stones - don't know what their correct name is - but I read that they were really hard on feet.  Can't say that underfloor heating is big here; maybe back east where they have "real" weather.    I must've missed something - when is J's party and is it a big birthday?   Just spoke to sister in UK who's also enjoying the lovely weather.

Lindybird: While you're finding things, can you locate my missing clip-on sunglasses please?  I've searched the car and all the likely - and unlikely drawers - but no sign of them.

Hope everyone has a good week.

• Well, I've had a frustrating day ! I decided to use the pressure washer on the garden paths. They are crazy paving and many years old, so not too worried about them. Pressure washer wasn't working, water but no pressure. Looked in manual, decided that LED display needed new batteries. Arranged for grandson to come when he finished work as my stupid hands couldn't remove the battery cover. Talked to my son, who before he opened his whisky shop was an aircraft engineer. Oh dear. 'Mother, lets do a fault diagnosis. Is there a power supply? Have you got the water supply? Is there a kink in the hose pipe?'. Of course, yes, there was a kink. Whatever happened to the person I used to be?

• HEATHER: Your anxiety (and possibly depression) is interfering with your thinking. It's difficult to think in progressive steps when anxiety keeps derailing your thought process. I say this to you without a hint of judgment or criticism, because it is exactly what is happening to me lately.

Unfortunately, I don't have an easy solution. I'm beginning a long and complex freelance editing project, and I fear that I'm not going to be up to its demands. Sigh...

• Heather: Yes, but who typically worked the power washer in the old days?   You are merely out of practice; you'll never miss a kinked hose again.  Been there; done that.  :-)