Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 12 May 2019

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY FULL MOON

I hope everyone has a great week! 

The full "flower" moon is next Saturday (the 18th)!

Still relentlessly raining here...

• That is the trouble if you only wash one of a set. It is all or nothing.
  • LYNETTE   My opticians appt was also in Feb. I have been told it will probably be 4 months till the op. I live only a few miles from the hospital so with a bit of luck I may be able to take a cancellation.

• ANNETTE Think it is actually 7 1/2 miles. I wear my most comfy walking shoes with risers. I wear risers in most of my footwear.
  • Good journeys, good lunch (I had Greek Salad), good day out and found the plants we were looking for. Planting will have to wait for tomorrow as watering has to be done tonight - whole garden!
  • dibnlib:  Well congratulations on such a long walk with problem ankles!   Hope you do get a cancellation.

OG: Have fun planting (or at least supervising it).

Have a good Wednesday everyone.

• Thanks, LINDY for helping me with the fox vs sparrowhawk question that I asked yesterday.
  • DIBNLIB- I hope that you get an appointment soon, for your second cataract consultation.

OG - a good day out, then! I haven't planted tubs, stuff sitting on outside table to harden off ( that is my excuse, anyway!). Maybe today ! Still have a lot of pressure washing of paths to do.

Everyone - thank you for your news -
  • Lurker Alert! Happy Wednesday to all. Another sunny day here in Suffolk and I am off for a walk with friends by the river Deben in Woodbridge this afternoon.

Had a letter this morning that looked like junk with nothing on envelope to give any clues. When opened it was a letter from RSPB telling me I had won £100 in the monthly lottery raffle! First win in all the years I have been doing it so I am still out of pocket but a nice surprise anyway.

I have had a busy time recently, visiting Daughter and doing Nanny duty for poorly Granddaughter so Mum can go to work. Then I was off to London to visit Son and family - my Grandson James will be 2 next week and it has flown by. His birthday will always be tinged with sadness as it was a few weeks before my youngest Daughter died but we do have some lovely photos of her holding him just a week before she was finally diagnosed and admitted to hospital. But life goes on and the family have pulled together and help each other when its tough.

On Sunday I was invited to my friends Mother's 80th Birthday party and she had one friend there that she met when they both 14 at the local youth club. It was so heart-warming to listen to them reminiscing and reliving all the escapades they got up to.

I see that there are Ospreys hatching all over the place, such a shame that EJ didn't return this year.

I do so enjoy reading all your post and it really does help so please keep them coming and I will try and post more often.

Have a good day all

• HARELADY - so good to hear from you! Thanks for your news. You're right, it does help. Reading what everyone has been doing takes the mind to a more cheerful and outgoing place.

I've had a phone message from LINDA. Their internet is getting seviced today and should be all OK by this evening.
  • HARELADY  Glad to hear of your win.