Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 5 May 2019

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

• Welcome home PAT. It does take time to “digest” a trip on return. However we are all agog to hear!

No Guides this week for Miss7 but Dau has same cold or another, and is feeling miserable. She has asked me to come earlier tomorrow and leave before rush hour. I expect many neglected chores. Blue sky & cool this morning, expecting rain later.

• Evening all:  Daughter arrived; poured with rain earlier (!); I took a nap and then organized some star jasmine and lavender star flower vines.....   It's all go. :-)

Diane: Thinking of you and nasty storms due Wednesday/Thursday.  

AQ: Hope not too many neglected chores.

Take care all

• Good Morning. News is swamped with Royal Baby announcements, but I am glad for the couple, and hope they can get their privacy.

Dry here but showery is expected later. The green paint is dry but although it looks nice and fresh, it's not the shade I envisaged :-( - there are soo many shades of green.... I think we'll stick with it, though, and my OH will put another coat on it today. After golf, of course!

Must go and get started on the chores and errands for the day.
  • All posts seem full of chores! We can't do much as the Plumber is here - arrived at the appointed time on the appointed day - that in itself is promising! He has started removing the tiled floor in the wetroom. That is right at the far end from both back and front access doors, so he has laid cloths right through the house, but very neatly! OH had hoped to continue mowing which he started yesterday until his battery ran out, but the grass is still too damp this morning - I'm quite pleased as it means he can catch up on various indoor tasks. Most of the laundry was dealt with yesterday, so we are already back on routine schedule for that. He will go to M&S this afternoon, but I shall stay at home. Yesterday I had planned an easy frozen meal for lunch, and J made a batch of pancakes for tea - with strawberries and ice cream - yummy!
  • Great that the plumber turned up, and on time, too, OG! Fingers crossed that he is also a good worker.

I had a hiccup in that when I got into the car to go to the town, I turned the key and heard the dreaded "ggrrrmmp" noise which you hear when the battery is completely flat! Ugh. I suspect it's because two days ago we tried to install one of those car cameras, which plugs into the power. I left it turned off but it seems to have affected things. I walked to the town, thinking that at least it'll be good for my health.

When I got home again my OH had returned and he had a look, then started our battery charger to revive things. He had already been painting so the green part is now finished - he has some cream paint to do as I didn't want the walls either side of the big doors to be green too, so they're staying cream. Sorry, this is boring.

The sun is coming out so I hope to get some of the summer bedding put in, as we can't leave it in trays whilst we go away.
  • Lindybird: Too many shades of green - and white and cream and gray and blue and...and...and.... Hope OH gets the battery/camera sorted. Could be just a coincidence.

OG: So what is a wet room? I imagined it as similar to what houses in some parts of the US call mud rooms, but they're typically a small area immediately inside an entry door where you take off boots and outdoor gear to avoid trailing dirt through the house. But yours sounds like it isn't close to an entry door. Maybe a laundry room? I bought some strawberries from the farm stand near us when my friend was here: They were red through and very good, unlike some I'd bought in the supermarket a week before.

Can't believe we're having rain showers so late in the spring. And this after I told a new neighbor about two weeks ago that it wouldn't rain again until November! My credibility is shot already.

• LINDA - I am sure the walk into town did you good, and another opportunity to look at people's gardens! I decided this week is too soon for the summer bedding but think it will need to be done next week - only a few bits to do, in containers. OH sowed more salad seeds this morning - hoping for a succession of crops.

Work is progressing here - old floor is all out, screed and all - also the underfloor heating which is being replaced, so hopefully I won't get that cold spot which always surprises my bare feet! Whole job is supposed to take 3 days, and additionally includes replacing silicone sealant in other shower room and kitchen.
  • ANNETTE - wet room is a shower room where the floor is waterproof and any splashing drains into the shower. I had the original conversion from an en-suite conventional shower with doors done after my knee op in 2007, but the slope of the floor and the drainage were never right, so am having it done differently, with sealed vinyl flooring instead of tiles.
  • I hope that PAT is settling in back at home -
    Not much achieved here today, a mega poor sleep last night have been awake since 1230 am.
    I did in the end, order shoes from Hotter. LINDY might like them, they are a colour called 'blood orange'

Hope to be firing on all cylinders tomorrow, meanwhile, regards to all.
  • Heather - not sure I'm quite settling in yet. But my diary is filling up ... there's a surprise! I still have more than 3,500 emails to deal with, but it's sooooo boring and time-consuming ... Sadly I can't just delete the lot, as I know there are some important things lurking in there. Including at least two rotas - I have already been warned I'm not going to like one of them ...

Lindy - should I tell you that my car started first time after four months? No, maybe I shouldn't. Oh, hang on - I think I just did! Hope yours is now running properly.