LOCH ARKAIG (c)The Woodland Trust - MAY 2019

Serene at this moment ;)

• CATCHUP (edit - so many interruptions and digressions, I've ended up doing almost the whole day!  Sorry for any dupes due to my having the RF box open so long.)

As you can see from MARY's video, I needn't have worried about the sticky-up stick being revived :)

After the changeover at that point, Louis came back just to stand by Aila, he didn't bring anything.

His wonky-wingy landing:

And again - very flappy this time and he brought a see-thru stick:

Back again with a "Why?" stick:

This time Aila flew off and Louis took over:

She brought back a "Why?" clump:

Louis didn't get up, Aila flew again:

A techie digression

Then I've got the same shot again, cos there was a browser-refresh and the previous seconds were repeated:

I used to get this years ago in the old Opera, it's so useful for making seamless joins when footage is interrupted by refreshes, nothing is lost.  Don't know why Chrome has started doing it on this cam, it doesn't always.

Back to this morning's nest events

Next was the bark event, recorded by MARY, after which: changeover.

Next - FISH !!!  Which Aila gathered up and flew with:

It didn't take Aila very long to eat that:

It took her 12+ minutes to shift him.

10:17-10:39 Big buffer.

Louis returned bringing nothing:

He took over and Aila stood by, had a mini-stretch and mini-preen:

Eventually, when Louis wouldn't get up, she put this piece of bark on his shoulder:

That didn't work so she flew off:

Aila returned with a weapon in each foot - only good for choking him tho ;)

But the threat worked and off he flew:

Soon Louis was back and there was an intruder alert, both flew in unison and in the same direction:

Rain:

Good headless fish!

Back taking over after only half an hour-ish:

Louis flew off that way:

It's nice to see Aila get a bit (not a lot) of shut-eye :-*  I was watching MrsG with her head tucked overnight - Aila never gets to do that, she has to be alert :'(

She has to be watching this way and that, even thru the day:

Fish !!!

Back in 50 minutes:

Later Aila flew off as if an emergency, gone 3 minutes, settled for a long time thereafter.

Louis popped in with a small blurry clump, stayed a little while and they were both alert:

An unseen signal brought about a changeover:

Aila returned but Louis pretended she wasn't there so she flew off again:

Louis is still incubating :o  Maybe Aila hopes he will cope with the owl tonight?

• Here's Aila but she's not settling yet, she's on alert at the back...

OK, now settling.

Settled:

• Wow! Scylla, you’ve outdone yourself and I for one really appreciate all your effort! I wasn’t able to check in as much I wanted to today so your in depth catch up/coverage sure helped. Thanks so much!!
  • 02:00 - the first disturbance, then soon after another, but no-one seen.

I don't think she was hit, I think she just got up so quickly that she half-toppled forward:

• And another disturbance about 15 mins ago...when she actually ended up in mantle pose.

I'll also leave you to show the pic of the feather hoping for 'freedom' scylla :)
  • The last disturbance I've seen, she didn't get up:

• Another night successfully negotiated ;)

• Confusion reigns, I forgot to post this:

Then she just had a fly (zip!) about, and seemed to come back refreshed, if a bit drunk ;)

• FISH !!! !!! !!! Aila has it, Aila flies with it :)