GLASLYN OSPREYS – MAY 2019

Continued from April 2019

The season so far:

Mrs G arrived back 25 March and Aran on 1 April.  They are currently incubating 3 eggs laid 13, 16 and 19 April with the first expected to hatch around 20 May.

Link to Webcam\Copyright:  © Bywyd Gwyllt Glaslyn Wildlife

• It seems it was only #1 interested in feeding and he/she was managing quite big chunks Liked the way when Mre G picked the fish up she dragged across the back of the neck of the chick LOL!
  • Yes, there was a feed - from which I'm finding it hard to get unblurred snaps, especially when zoomed and they were bobbling wobblily.

Announcing it's ready for brekky:

This is a trial, because it's very laborious doing resizing individually and uploading with Insert - and these wouldn't be any good dragged 'n dropped.

• I had to change it MIKE - as had duplicated a snap :-/

They both definitely got some but were wobbling into each other's position so difficult to tell who got what - but #2 did get some.

• Aran flew in with half-eaten fish and dislodged a flounder which had been sitting on the fence - guess which one MrsG chose for the next feed? ;)

He's only been gone ~10 minutes, if that.

• Lovely pictures, BIRDIE :)

We don't often see Aran with wavy hair:

Then - intruder!

He flew to the nest and mantled, MrsG shouted (I can't get her shouting and him mantling in the same snap, but he did!) and he flew off - I could only spot comatose intruders:

Aran returned safely :-*

I'll post my egg-shots just in case they vary from BIRDIE's:

• This one of mine is the same as BIRDIE's above the word "peek-a-boo", I expect this is just a flaw:

• The intruder photo posted by Scylla looks to be a very clean white male. I expect he looks fantastic in a calm pose.
  • I wonder how long the Flounder will stay stuck to the side of the nest?
  • experimenting as to whether I can post a vid.

C. Glaslyn osprey project