Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 28 April 2019

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MONTH! 

I hope everyone has a wonderful week and a joyful May!

Happy May Day!

• Good morning -

Safe journey, LINDY! Enjoy your time with family, today.

This poor sleep thing must be infectious - I had  a worse than usual night, about three hours sleep. Worrying about anything and everything, mostly things that I have no control over. Business is still not good in son's whisky shop. After two excellent years, so far 2019 is proving to be very disappointing. I could weep for him.  

Yes, ANNETTE, I hate having nothing to read so can empathise! The Kindle has been a great help though since I can buy ebooks very cheaply. I have a couple of 'real books' sitting beside the bed, I was given 'Becoming' and have yet to read it - I heard Mrs Obama reading a condensed version on the radio and need to forget what I heard, if that makes sense.

• Good morning. Reasonably warm with occasional sunshine - not far enough west for the impending weather front! Had a much better night, so I hope others sleep better too, or in Heather's case hope you sleep better tonight! J is in the middle of negotiations over a change to his working hours - at present he doesn't know what he will be doing each day, which makes our planning more difficult too! This morning he has gone for normal 9 am start, so we shall be doing indoor tasks this morning then both go to Tesco this afternoon - I haven't been there for a couple of years, so don't remember the layout!! Various laundry tasks have had to be scheduled for being away next weekend., and I need to check and probably alter the packing lists since mobility needs have changed since last time away (last June).
  • Morning all: Well, I slept well - when I finally got to sleep - but then woke up at the normal time so am dragging this morning. I stayed up too late watching Unforgotten (ignoring messages from brain telling me to hit the Record button and go to bed) then, when I got into bed, was dozing of but woke up two minutes later to lightning and thunder! OH and I didn't bother watching the local weather forecast because it's always so predictable. Ha! So I had to nip out of bed and dash out to drag the cushions off the chairs in the garden. What IS going on? Then this morning was finishing up my book (in bed); started dozing off and opened my eyes for a second to see a Daddy Long Legs sailing down from the ceiling fan about three feet away. Swiped at it with my book, but no idea where it went.

Spoke to sister in the UK yesterday and she said how nice it had been with Parliament gone for two weeks and no blather about Brexit. I guess that all ends today. Meanwhile, the Orange Menace never seems to take a break.

OG: Hope J gets his schedule organized. Don't get lost in Tesco. Where are you off to? I forget.

Lindybird: Hope you had a good visit and drive and that the cake went over well.

Heather: Sorry you're fretting about family (sounds like a good title for a book). Any idea why business has slowed for son? His must not be the only business that's seeing a downtrend.... I haven't read Mrs. O's book, though my friend liked it. Have just reserved Short Nights of the Shadow Catcher, the biography of Edward Curtis who took some of the earliest and most iconic photographs of the American West and Native Americans. Also, the Word is Murder (for light relief). Trouble is I read books faster than my favorite authors can write them. My sister mentioned Elena Ferrante's Neapolitan Novels; also An Inconvenient Death (about David Kelly, the UK weapons-of-mass destruction scientist whose "mysterious" death during the run up to the Iraq War was covered up by the Powers That Were).

Diane: Thank you - again. Looks like you guys have some bad storms there today.

• LINDA - hope you are having fun with the boys and that D-I-L's scan went well. When is the new baby due? I am sure you told us before, but I have forgotten!

ANNETTE - meeting re J's new schedule finally got arranged for Friday - but he won't be there, so they have brought it forward to Thursday - hope they get it in place for next week! Trip this weekend is to Manchester for his MRI repeat scan and consultations with oncologist and endocrinologist on Friday. We are all going, after what happened in the autumn - sure all will be well this time, on the medication, but know he is worrying about it so we said we shall take him and have the weekend away.

Saw friends at Tesco this afternoon, so had a chat. Then OH realised he had left money and cards at home, so lady on the till ran the purchases through and packed the bags while he went home for them. I sat there on my scooter people-watching for 10 minutes! When we got home, old lady next door responded when I spoke to her and actually chatted a while - I think she has forgotten she was not speaking to me!
  • Annette- I am reading the Mueller report. Amazing that Trump thinks he is vindicated because all I am reading
    is proof of obstruction. His constant lying and attempts to get others to lie is unbelievable. I can only think that
    because a sitting President cannot be indicted is the only reason that Mueller did nothing to him. Too bad lying to the American public is not illegal.
  • We're back and having a quick sherry before going to bed early. A busy day! Good journeys, and the scan went well. D.in.law has lots of scans scheduled because of her ancient age (41) and the fact that she is tiny of frame - the baby bump is very noticeable now and she still has a way to go - due date was "middle of July" for a while, but now they've settled on 23rd of July .

Tomasz was also at home as his school were having an Inset Day, so both boys needed entertaining. We watched them on the trampoline for a while, then gave them a cricket lesson in the garden, followed by a kick around with a toy football. Then back into the house for a music demonstration on the electric keyboard, by Matthew. He knows how to change all of the effects including using the drums :-) Then all outside, to go and check that Bonnie had enough water and to give her some dog treats. Back in again for Tomasz to be given instruction on snooker scoring, a good excuse for Granddad to watch a bit of today's live play!

The cake was appreciated, and served in thick slices. I left the remainder for them to enjoy tomorrow. They are all looking forward to having a week in Wales in our caravan, in a month.
  • Evening all:

OG: Ah, I forgot about J's appt. - good idea to go with him, just as reassurance if necessary. Hope you can find some time to relax while you're away. So funny about your neighbor. I had a similar experience on my recent trip north for that gathering to honor friend's sister. One of the guests, in the past, gave me a piece of her (very opinionated) mind! I've avoided her over the years, but couldn't manage it this time. Anyway, I was at the event, she arrived, walked up to me, put her arm around me, gave me a hug and said "Hi Sweetie - it's been a long time." Huh? Who? Me? I was gobsmacked! Oh well, all for the best I guess....

Lindybird: Glad you had a good trip and that the cake went down well - no surprise there! Hope things continue to go smoothly for DiL.

bjane: Bravo to you for tackling the Mueller report. I was thinking about reading it but was thinking it would push me completely over the edge. He's made it obvious by his own actions/tweets that he's been trying to derail the investigation. I'd love to have been a fly on the wall in the Special Prosecutor's office.

Friend from LA is due here tomorrow lunchtime, so will be looking forward to years of catching up!

Take care all.

• Good Morning. Sunny here, so I hope to potter in the garden after putting things off for a couple of days.

Annette, enjoy your visit from your friend.

I see the Orange Menace has had another resignation on his desk .....

OG, hope all goes well for Js appointment. Only natural for him to be nervous about it.

Am continuing to "fling' things as we try to spring clean. A lot of books have been reviewed, as we shouldn't have them if we don't intend to re-read them. I offered all of my Harry Potter series to Youngest, for the boys, as I don't think I'll read them again when I have so much else waiting for my attention.

• Just a fleeting visit – again. I have been gadding about. May is History Festival month, so last Saturday I managed to visit two churches for their Open Days. (Yes, May started early LOL) Sunday was a bus trip to Maggea, Mantung & Mercunda, amongst other places. Today I have been out for a long lunch with school friend. Tomorrow back to routine with food shop & nanny duty. Goodness knows when I shall process all the photos I snapped.

LINDA – I had to Google “Inset Day”. Here they are known as “pupil free days”. As well as those, there are all the other days off. Miss7’s teacher (who only works 3 days a week) has taken 12 days leave in the first term of 11 weeks.

• AQ - Don't get my OH started on his opinions on Inset Days!! - "Why can't they do what they need to, when the pupils are off on their holidays?"

Glad you had some "me" time recently.