LOCH GARTEN NEST - 16 MARCH-19 APRIL 2019

This thread will continue daily until we decide that nest activities require the 2019 DAILY UPDATE to commence :)

Trying posted first live stream snap of 2019:

Nota bene - NO GLARE !!!

Not to be outdone (even tho she was) Scylla poked her nose in - what a shame that it shows how much better the VLC picture is, compared to (her) screen-capture:

No nest activities yet seen, it really is too bad !!! ;-D

YOUTUBE LIVE STREAM - opens in new tab/window

WATCH ON CARNYX.TV - opens in new tab/window

VLC LINK - Copy & Paste into "Open Network Stream"

http://carnyxlive.co.uk:1935/.../playlist.m3u8

IMAGICAT

• Oh my goodness - 15 pages on this thread today and counting! I think from now on a daily thread will make it easier for all to follow - certainly me!

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• I agree CRinger. DU's are the way to go
  • SheilaFE said:
    Lovely captures you have. I wish it would turn round, but I am falling in love already!! S/he has a very dark forehead. And I think could be the osprey in the RSPB VC post above that Moffer posted at 10.34. I can also hear something scratching on mike!! Do we have two osprey with us?? Male on the campost and female on the perch, but why is perch osprey continually looking around? Perhaps it was a wee birdie on campost!

With respect Sheila I don't think it is very scientific to fall in love with a bird. But her plumage is amazing, her eye-stripe I am glued to, her alertness is fantastic, she can obviously look after herself in the fishing department, she appears a little choosy on whether she will let a male land on the nest or not. Science or not I believe I am also smitten.

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• Big yawn

I think this bird is feeling very much at home.

• We should give her a name if she’s staying n’ all
    Miss. “Apache” coz of her beauty stripe across her eyes Heart
  • OneRing is another possibility until perhaps we see more of her personality, then we will all know who we are referring to. A more permanent name may very well become apposite to all the better we get to know her.

• Oldshoremore said:
    Well well well !!! (BTW I'm a long time lurker who posts once in a blue moon). Our new visitor rather looks as if he/she means business - communicating with/ looking for / partner perhaps. Here's hoping!! (as long as George isn't involved.....)

I volunteer to post some flyers around, above and on the nest when she has gone to roost........... Apologies for the graffiti on Limpy's amazing picture of George from last season............

• Well let’s hope he doesn’t make an appearance any time soon after last years events :(
  • What a good looking bird

What's that down there?

• CRinger said:
    A more permanent name may very well become apposite to all the better we get to know her.

Yes, it's a tricky business naming an osprey. LG named the (on and off) resident male last year last year, after George Waterston who did so much for the ospreys in Scotland. Unlike the on and off resident male.