LOCH GARTEN NEST - 16 MARCH-19 APRIL 2019

This thread will continue daily until we decide that nest activities require the 2019 DAILY UPDATE to commence :)

Trying posted first live stream snap of 2019:

Nota bene - NO GLARE !!!

Not to be outdone (even tho she was) Scylla poked her nose in - what a shame that it shows how much better the VLC picture is, compared to (her) screen-capture:

No nest activities yet seen, it really is too bad !!! ;-D

YOUTUBE LIVE STREAM - opens in new tab/window

WATCH ON CARNYX.TV - opens in new tab/window

VLC LINK - Copy & Paste into "Open Network Stream"

http://carnyxlive.co.uk:1935/.../playlist.m3u8

IMAGICAT

• a

"Birds are, quite simply, little miracles - and as such they require care and consideration."

Magnus Ullman

My Flickr account is here

• JaneV said:
    I’m glad you posted that Karen because I thought it had quite a pale chest necklace but wasn’t sure if the odd female can be paler. But holding the fish for nearly 2 hrs.......oh I don’t know.

I agree that this bird had a pale chest for a female, but they can vary considerably - you can get pale chested females and males who have quite a darkish chest. I would go more on the behaviour to infer sex. The books say that if this bird is a male with a half eaten fish he should be displaying high above the nest in order to attract a female. This individual has been waiting patiently for a couple of hours now without flying = the bird is either a female with a pale chest, or a male that hasn't read the books. If it is the same bird that was here this morning then to me it is a good sign, here early morning, disappears, obviously to fish, then returns with the fish later and stays within easy sight of the nest with its fish. Tucking the talons under the table methinks and hopes.

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• a

"Birds are, quite simply, little miracles - and as such they require care and consideration."

Magnus Ullman

My Flickr account is here

• Thank you CRinger, I think I just caught a glimpse of a silver ring on the right leg.
  • Thank you everyone for the lovely welcome I’m
    Alison mackay and yes I have saw Alison’s on here too so that’s why I took the Alison Mac name lol
    I live near Cromarty in the highlands
    I’m a big fan of EJ like I know you all are ;)
  • Welcome AlisonMac, I imagine Loch Garten is a hop skip and a jump for you.
  • And a welcome to AlisonMac from me too! And to Oldmoreshore, lovely to see you again.
    I was thinking of the hours that EJ sat holding on to her fish on the fish perch.

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• Thank you JaneV
    Yes not far at all and I’d love to go visit there this season maybe once there is some nest activity:)
  • JaneV said:
    Thank you CRinger, I think I just caught a glimpse of a silver ring on the right leg.

I thought so as well Jane. All we need now is for Scylla to work her magic and enhance the video to read the metal BTO ring number and we will have the bird identified. :-) To dream the impossible dream!

Welcome indeed Alison. Such fond memories of the porpoises!

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that.