LOCH GARTEN NEST - 16 MARCH-19 APRIL 2019

This thread will continue daily until we decide that nest activities require the 2019 DAILY UPDATE to commence :)

Trying posted first live stream snap of 2019:

Nota bene - NO GLARE !!!

Not to be outdone (even tho she was) Scylla poked her nose in - what a shame that it shows how much better the VLC picture is, compared to (her) screen-capture:

No nest activities yet seen, it really is too bad !!! ;-D

YOUTUBE LIVE STREAM - opens in new tab/window

WATCH ON CARNYX.TV - opens in new tab/window

VLC LINK - Copy & Paste into "Open Network Stream"

http://carnyxlive.co.uk:1935/.../playlist.m3u8

IMAGICAT

• How wonderful to have an osprey on the nest again, even if it isn't the one we dearly wanted to see. Well done everyone for spotting him (?) and thank you Mary for your many pics. Sadly I am away until Tuesday but I hope we get to see more action today!

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• MARY captured an Osprey via rollback !!!

NIKITA thought:

That looked like George (from the feathers round the eyes)

Wow, MARY, I wouldn't have noticed it because my footage is skipping today :o :o :o

What does anyone else think about it being George?

It emphasises how poor the cam is with movement, then we've got sunrays and lens smudges clouding the picture :(

IMAGICAT

• Keen but fooshunless looking. Like George then.

• Wow, Mary, scylla and everyone weighing in! Great job after a great wait.
    Does rather look a bit clueless and has skinny George-like legs....

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs

• Clearer pics from your VLC, thank you BIRDIE :)

Does anyone remember when GJ first appeared last year?  I can't trace iit in my YouTube playlist because he didn't have a name for quite a while.

Forgot to post acknowledging snap from LG FB:

IMAGICAT

• Hi everyone Relaxed

Thanks for all the updates, pictures etc. Good to see an Osprey has made an appearance this morning. This could be George but I can't say for certain right now. At least we got to see some action.

ENS just now. Pleasent looking Day.

Warning!  This post contains atrocious spelling, and terrible grammar.  Approach with extreme edginess.

• BIRDIE posted:

Here's the [2018] thread for George 

I swear I've never seen that thread in my whole life !!!

It says something about GJ's progress that the last post, a hopeful one, was HERON's on 26 April, until TIGER bumped it in June, then no further activity.

IMAGICAT

• The thread is a helpful but sad reminder of the ups and downs we, and EJ faced last spring. I guess posts on it stopped when it all went pear-shaped. 
    Thanks for posting Birdie Num Num

• OMG OMG OMG

O M G :-)

TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY !!!! 

AND A BIG BIRDIE ON THE NEST !!! 

THANK YOU OSPREY GOD !!!! 

• Looking at the thread for George, from last season, I have to admit I feel a bit bad about how I saw this young Osprey as the next hero in the Loch Garten saga. Sadly, as we all know things went downhill. To be fair he did have a decent start. Here's hoping if George does take up the role again, he'll do much better. After all, he's a year older, and hopefully this will help him improve.

Warning!  This post contains atrocious spelling, and terrible grammar.  Approach with extreme edginess.