Guess when EJ will return to Loch Garten 2019

After Tiger indicated to us last year that he was bowing out, after all his years of setting up, following and updating our guessing game (Thank's so much Tiger), I have decided to start a thread. I use my ipad almost all the time, so do not have acess to word, files, documents, so will not be setting up tables and showing who's guess is on each date. I have a notepad on the ipad, so I will record each guess in date order and hopefully, copy and paste it near to the end of our guessing, before the lady herself returns.

As some Osprey's have already been sighted and EJ's earliest return was the 21st March, only 18 days away and fingers crossed she will return to us again, here we go!

What day and date will EJ return.

What time will EJ return.

Will EJ be carrying a fish or not.

Do you want to play this year (it is only for a bit of fun). Tiger, hope this is okay.

Closing date: Sunday 17th March @ Midnight.  - Good luck everyone.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• scylla said:

I don't remember the time of my guess but I think it's long gone and JANE's was even a bit earlier than mine.

We're coming up to the time of her latest so I'm willing her extra fervently and lovingly... :-*

You had guessed 3.00pm Scylla and Jane 4.55pm. Her two arrival date for April have been the 2nd and 4th, so fingers and toes crossed between now and Thursday!.

• Last guess, are you going to be the lucky one or has the wonderful and wise and beautiful EJ outdone us all, and arrives later!!

Good luck Anthony M.

• I have been looking back the pages to see what I have missed and came across this on page 9.
    I am so pleased that I did this, it gave us some fun and excitement, waiting each day. Sadly that is what we have still been doing. Our darling EJ, We know you have not come back to us this year, and we are all so so sad. We know you were an old girl and the time had to come, when you would not return. It breaks my heart and as I write, I am so emotional, but we have to be big and brave. Wherever you are dear girl, you spread your wings and soak up all the sunshine, you so deserve your rest. We wait to see what is going to happen on your nest, my it needs a good tidy up! You have given us such highs and lows, through the good times and the so so sad times. A new year is waiting to unfold.

Our wonderful, magestic, beautiful, feisty, motherly girl, you will be in our hearts always, we miss you.

• Oh goodness catlady, brings tears to my eyes. I really thought she had another year in her and can't quite believe her reign may well be over :(
  • I AGREE. SHE WAS S-S-O-O CHALLENGED BUT REMAINED STEADFAST,VALIANT AND RESOURCEFUL TO THE END. I WILL MISS HER GREATLY!!
  • Marilyn, please do not take offence, but when you reply can you type in small letters. It is taken that when all capital letters are used, someone is annoyed or upset, hope you do not mind me pointing this out.

• I miss this dearest lady so much I think of her every day asking myself will she, won;t she but distressingly I think her era is over Wonder if she is soaring high but looking down to see what will happen now to the nest that was hers for so many years Bless you dear, wonderful bird You have stolen our hearts