WEEKLY CHAT (non-Osprey) SUNDAY OCTOBER 14 2018

Hallo all:  Lots of cruise info on the last two pages of last week's chat.....Hope the new week is kind to all...

• Hello, All.  Another blue sky warm sunny day – cooling quickly since sunset.

Yesterday OH finished harvesting our potato crop – a good weight over all, some tiddlers, but mostly a good size.  Look like they will last well beyond Christmas.  Not sure what else we did, but the day seemed to pass quickly!

Pat – our church has hymnbooks for funerals etc, and for normal projected services we have books if requested, and hymns/songs from other sources we provide printed copies on request – a small church, so we know who is likely to need them.  Theory at our previous church was that we couldn’t be “free” in worship if our hands were busy holding books.

Linda – pleased at lack of mud on walk, and glad you stayed safe on slippy leaves!  Good to meet a fellow dog-walker – and share doggie treats!  Sorry about the cold night – it was warm here, but don’t think it will be again tonight!  That was a short stay – but safe home tomorrow!

Rosy – I wasn’t being flippant about leaving shoes behind – I only meant old ones which are nearly ready for the bin.  I wear most things until they are too far gone even for a charity bag!  My shoes don’t wear out because I haven’t even worn any since I was in hospital last year – living in “house shoes” at home, and sandals when out!

AQ – pleased to see Saturday went reasonably well for you with the children and the menagerie (drat that cat!), but it does sound incredibly tiring, if you had to sleep Sunday – and I hope your back is okay.

Annette – another lazy day missed – do take care! 

Heather – good that you could get started on the moss; a little at a time is the best way.

FB – hope cats appreciate the new holiday accommodation!  Cornwall does seem more sensible from there than all the way up to Scotland – and there are plenty of things to visit – especially the Eden Project, which we really enjoyed in its early days – too far for us now!  Have a wonderful time!

We went to M&S food again today – busy and early lunch at home first, then dropped J off at Gretna Gateway on our way, so he had time out, some shopping and a coffee.  We too had coffee out, then picked him up on the way home – that worked out well for us all.  I think we shall all be going out together for coffee tomorrow afternoon – at the Annandale Distillery, round the corner from us.  It seems to be doing very well since re-opening after about 100 years dormant!

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• OG - Must remember the Annandale Distillery, if their coffee is good.  I usually stop at Gretna Gateway, but it's not like it used to be when it first opened - although I always visit the M&S Outlet Shop and always seem to find something I can't possibly do without!  No visit to Scotland this year, but hoping to get up next year …

• Hallo all: Still haven't put photos on. Did take three bags of oranges to the Food Bank, but my desk is still a mess.  :-(

• PAT - coffee at our house is palatable too!  Distillery is in walking distance of us.  J goes to Gretna outlet often - takes his laptop to Costa and sits there instead of home!

ANNETTE - well done with the oranges; wish our Food Banks could accept fresh food.  Plenty of time to catch up with desk work!

Realised earlier that distillery coffee trip was supposed to be next week and garden centre this week! Will decide according to lunchtime weather which will actually happen this afternoon.  I always say I put it all in the diary so it can be changed!

• FORESTBOAR   Hope the weather is nice for you. Have a good time.

Walked with Benson at Merkinch today. We saw a few Herons. Nice to have him off the lead again.

• Hi to all hope all is well

• Hey!  Happy birthday, Alicat!  How are you doing?

• Happy Birthday, Alicat.  Hope all is well with you

We're home after a rushed morning - Last night we were undecided about whether to leave after breakfast, or lunch, but it was grey drizzle so we decided to tidy round, pack up, and go! Home for a late lunch after a brief delay in leaving because of talking to some neighbours who had enjoyed some of our "eating lunch out" recommendations this week. Satisfying to hear that they'd enjoyed themselves and will be going again :-)

All systems go here, now: will tackle the unpacking of stuff and get the w.machine on as I want to get lots done this week.

• Thanks not bad now had dad in and out hopital and brother in law passed away trying help mum with dad between working and ringing sister to make sure she is ok other than that im ok

• Sorry to hear that, Alicat :  look after yourself.