WEEKLY CHAT (non-Osprey) SUNDAY OCTOBER 14 2018

Hallo all:  Lots of cruise info on the last two pages of last week's chat.....Hope the new week is kind to all...

• Hello everyone,

Thank you for starting the week, Annette. I think that you are busy with political meetings, etc. at the moment.

I hope I have not missed the boat (sorry!) to wish Lynette a wonderful cruise.

I agree with all the advice given.  I have found that there are generally enough toiletries supplied, but I would not go anywhere without a tube of travel wash.

I do not go with OG's idea of leaving behind an old comfy pair of shoes. If I find  comfortable shoes, I wear them until they are almost falling apart ( I'm not proud!)

• Heather, sorry about your daughters f.in law. How sad. I hope he can die at home, and in reasonable comfort.

• A few days of 29 C, nearly as warm today but strong gusty winds, little rain. Saturday’s nanny duty while Dau & sil at wedding was not as bad as I dreaded, only a few minor meltdowns. MissL had a pm nap and didn’t wake until we were eating tea.” Not hungry” until other two prep-ing for bed. Last to bed 8.30 pm, Dau returned 11 pm. However it was not a peaceful evening as Fluffy yowled the whole evening - cats not allowed outside after dark(7.30). No sympathy from me, they have a litter tray. With ¾ hour drive home, it was probably my longest session since twins arrived. I slept most of Sunday.

Most of our churches have overheads with hymns. The text is usually out of focus or so small I can’t read it unless I sit in front seats. Some churches have the image computer generated. That’s fine until the only person who knows how to operate it, goes on holiday. Also screens annoy me when photo-ing as they are so obtrusive! End of grumpy rant.

• Evening all: Was planning to have a really lazy day but somehow that didn't happen. Still, got lots of bits and bobs done. Will catch up tomorrow.

• Good Morning.  Glad you survived the long Nanny stint, AQ.  (Stupid cat!!)

Dry and sunny here, now, but it was so cold here last night we had a light frost. I had two blankets on me and my feet were like ice. Didn't sleep well.

• Hope that everyone has had a good day!

AQ - cats seem to like being out at night, must be the hunting instinct.

Nothing to report from here - I have sprayed some of the moss on the drive and went to Tesco. What an exciting life!

• Heather - I can probably beat you for excitement today.  Aldi for some groceries, emptied the recycling bag, made a casserole and spent the rest of the day staring down the screen of my computer!  I did manage to achieve a few outstanding things, though, before I need to knuckle down to this week's stuff!

Happy Monday to all!!

• Heather: you will find excitement soon don't worry – then you will wish for calmer times.

Cats go to a new super dooper hotel next week as we are going back to Cornwall for a week. This time we are with ALL our family, both SD's and Grand children. Weather not a problem, main attraction is Eden Project. I might miss some of that as the tropical area and steep slopes started an asthma attack. 4 hrs to there 11 hours to Scotland – no brainier.

• At least you've tackled some of the moss that's been annoying you, Heather :-)

ForestBoar - Sounds wonderful. Hope you all enjoy yourselves.

We've had a beautifully sunny day. Went for a walk along the seafront not far away. Then had lunch at our favourite garden centre - we both had the turkey & mushroom slice, which was cut from a large one and had assorted veg on the side. No room for a pud after! Bought a couple of small Ch****mas items, which will be presents. Also a brilliantly small umbrella, I do love the really compact ones.

Got to pack up now, we're going home tomorrow. It's been nice to relax here, but there's lots needs doing at home.