Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 16 September 2018

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a wonderful, peaceful week -- the last week before the Autumn Equinox. 

Instead of a picture, here are two short videos:

I love THIS OWL. Unfortunately, I can make that same face when I'm angry about something important. Seriously. LOL! (Video is 10 seconds.)

Annette needs ONE OF THESE to help her harvest oranges from her tree. LOL! (Video is 1 minute 38 seconds.)

Take care, all. 

• MY OH returned as I was eating breakfast:  his partner decided he'd rather play tomorrow instead - sigh.

I had to discreetly move some stuff to cover the music CD I had bought him for Christmas, and put on the stairs for going up into storage until then.  I'm off to buy some charity Christmas cards, now!  My OH has gone to get a haircut - I wish he'd gone last week as he looks scalped when he goes, as he asks for "very short" and it only looks good when its grown a bit!

• WENDY - you are doing well with the autumn preparations - sloe gin, logs delivered and the garden neat and tidy!

LINDA - A lot of people say damp weather affects joint pain - can't say mine varies that much, but I am never sure which pains are due to the osteo-arthritis and which to the psoriatic arthritis.  Pleased you had some assurance about your holiday before you went to bed last night!

AQ - so annoying when people gather in corridors and doorways to have their conversations.  When I am in the chair and OH is pushing me and we come across a gossiping gaggle, if I say excuse me they don't hear me because I am below their level, but they can't hear OH either because he is further behind!

Looks like we might get to dentist without rain, but it is still not clear what ex-hurricane Helene will throw up the Solway tonight.  Local police advice is to "batten down the hatches" so all garden furniture, vulnerable lightweight pots, hanging baskets and even the wheelie bin are now safely in the garage - and we expect to see the usual flying trampolines by tomorrow morning!

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• OG well the weather started promising so after walking the dogs I started to stack the latest log delivery. It equates to about 2 tons so was thinking of doing it in 2 stints. But once started I ploughed on even in the rain. The forecast looks very damp tomorrow so I think it was a good decision. So that’s around 5 tons all nice and dry for the winter. Quick sit down and warm soak in the bath.

Pretty sure neither dogs will be up for a walk as they hate the rain going down their sticky up ears. Hooray for a large garden.

• WENDY - wow!  That's a lot of logs all neatly stacked!  Hope the bath prevented back-ache from doing all that!  If I had Bulldog ears, I don't think I would want rain going down them either - bad enough when it runs down my neck!

Dentist visit was okay - just a pick and polish - back there next March.  Some mizzle as we got back in the car, but none at home.  Edit: OH says we now have a steady drizzle here.  However, Storm Helene has been rerouted to cross the UK south of the border and even if we get some wind off the edge they say it will be less than feared.  Looks as if it have moved on by tomorrow lunchtime, so may even get to M&S Food as planned.

• Well done on not needing anything else done at the dentist, OG. Glad you won't get too bashed by the wind this week, although that means we might get more of it here!

Wendy, it must be a nice feeling that you're all ready to keep warm this winter.

My OH looks smart now, and also bought some euros whilst he was out.  I've been digging out his best shirts and asking him "which ones?" The sun came out and it's breezy too, so I've got a line full of dry knickers (I know, too much information!)

• Hello to all

I've been out for lunch with middle daughter, curry. It was delicious but oh boy! My poor old tum is protesting...

OG - It isn't unusual for the Danes, or us, to pop over for just a few days! The journey over there by car does take a couple of days, drive to Newcastle, overnight ferry to Amsterdam with dinner and breakfast on board, cabin with shower etc and then a day's drive through Holland and Germany. I like the journey, it is part of the 'holiday'. For me coming home the flight from Esbjerg, Denmark to Aberdeen is about 1 and a half hours only, then train to Inverness. Very fast.

LINDY- I was relieved to see that your excursions are safe. What a relief for you both.

AQ- Maybe it is true then, after 70 we go backwards in age LOL!

It is miserably drizzly here today. Garden looks soggy.

WENDY- I've never tasted sloe gin but like the sound of it :-)

• Morning all:  Last major activity of niece's visit is today with a trip to LA to see the Space Shuttle and the Tutankhamen exhibit at the California Science Center.  We are taking the coast road, so should be a nice ride.....

OG: Hope you're doing better today.  Had to laugh at "legs run in the family," but seriously, that's not good...

• Enjoy your day with niece, ANNETTE.

OG- yes, I meant to say the same about 'legs' as ANNETTE has just written!

• Soak in the bath was relaxing but the rain stopped so I took Duke for his walk. So pleased we were on our own as we met a horse in the woods. A first for us but not so sure if had encountered one in his previous life. His reaction was strange as after it passed Duke didn’t want to follow said horse but followed where it had been at a rate of knots. After my days excursions it was the workout I didn’t need.

Heather so wish we had a takeaway or similar close by ( downside of living in the sticks) but no such luck so cooking it is. As for sloe gin if it is as good as last time I could arrange a delivery for a taste :-))

• ANNETTE - I hope you and Niece are having a great trip to LA, and then good that you can spend a few more days relaxing before she leaves!

HEATHER - I suppose it's me - I just can't get used to all the dashing about I see on here - I have always been a stay-at-home person - I don't really like holidays - except for arriving back home!