Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 16 September 2018

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a wonderful, peaceful week -- the last week before the Autumn Equinox. 

Instead of a picture, here are two short videos:

I love THIS OWL. Unfortunately, I can make that same face when I'm angry about something important. Seriously. LOL! (Video is 10 seconds.)

Annette needs ONE OF THESE to help her harvest oranges from her tree. LOL! (Video is 1 minute 38 seconds.)

Take care, all. 

• Indeed not Lindy but they obviously knew there was an issue with their two.,

Sadly lady could not hold hers..

I will find them as it’s my mission ..

• The petrol incident yesterday came after an already rushed day: we had a man here to fit new meters as we have changed energy providers, and then I rushed out after the power was restored, to go shopping and to visit my Friend G. 

In between these, I decided on the spur of the moment to get petrol. But I forgot which side of the car the petrol cap was on. When I began, I had a fun fight with the hose, trying to get it around the car as it was on the 'wrong' side. The petrol kept stopping its flow, but then I heard a shout and realised that I was spilling petrol on the ground! A kind lady came to help me, and another girl told them in the kiosk what had happened. How I missed getting fuel on my shoes, I don't know! The staff came and looked at my puddle and said they'd clean it up when I'd gone. There was a big queue where I'd held everyone up.

I ran to pay, thanking my saviour on the way, then left as fast as I could. When I got to Gs house I smelled of petrol, but couldn't tell where it was. I felt like bursting into tears!

• Oh dear Lindy, you are having a time of it! You certainly need that holiday! I have been on two cruises, both the Western Med and enjoyed them alot, which I know you will. Quite a while ago since I went though.

Have you not tasted Sloe Gin then Heather? I like it but some people do not. It can be bought, but of course I think home made is best! I agree with Wendy that the jars should be in the dark and shaken regularly until the sugar has all dissolved. It is ready for Christmas...!

• Heather B said:

ANNETTE - It was a typo - I told AQ I was going to move to her climate and she replied, but used your name :-)

Apologies Heather & Annette. My brain is not functioning as it should. Ahem, I should have checked before dashing off a post.

Not much better this morn - I thought it was Saturday, until I saw my reminder note on kitchen bench "car service". Hey ho, a fun morning.

• Good Morning.  Dry here now after a showery, thundery night.

Hope all goes well with the car, AQ.

• Doing well - plenty of sleep , only troubled by legs - eye is functioning well and trying to re-establish old role of dominant eye, having had to let right eye take over for a while; my brain is finding it a bit difficult, but will settle!  But I have decided not to spend too much time on computer, so apologies that I am not replying to all the interesting posts.

Take care, ALL, especially those affected by storm Bronagh overnight.

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• BTW, meant to say I don't have to go for hospital check today as was the policy - they did a study on it and decided it isn't necessary for second eyes - they can safely assume that the patient will know if they need to be seen - except in some special circumstances.  This means we were able to let niece and great-niece know that they can call in for a cuppa whenever they are passing through later today - looking forward to seeing them.

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• Good that you don't have to go back today, OG. Enjoy your family visit. Replies are not important. We just like to know that all is OK with you.

• I'll have investigate sloe gin, CHRISY! I used to make a fruit rumpot every year to be ready for Christmas but haven't done so lately.

Dull here today, haven't achieved much in the house, feel unmotivated!

ANNETTE is due a rest, methinks!

• I hope you all will be safe from Storm Bronagh today. Looks bad. 

OG: I'm glad you're recuperating well. Enjoy your family visit.