Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 16 September 2018

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a wonderful, peaceful week -- the last week before the Autumn Equinox. 

Instead of a picture, here are two short videos:

I love THIS OWL. Unfortunately, I can make that same face when I'm angry about something important. Seriously. LOL! (Video is 10 seconds.)

Annette needs ONE OF THESE to help her harvest oranges from her tree. LOL! (Video is 1 minute 38 seconds.)

Take care, all. 

• Hope you got the internet to oblige, LINDY!

I'm off to get the postponed haircut and look at food for Sunday.

• AQ: What am I welcome to?  Did I post something in my sleep? Not impossible given my current state of disorganization.....

Lindybird: Like Heather, I wondered if I missed something about petrol.....   When are you leaving on the cruise and what's this about delayed tickets and un-booked shore trips?  Did that get resolved?

Putting niece on the Airbus to LAX early tomorrow for her flight to New York.  Has been lovely having her here and - again - I'm wishing the UK family weren't so far away.  Suspect she'll make one last trip to beach today, then we're going out to dinner tonight.

Off to get a head start on the day...  Take care everyone. I see more storms headed for the UK

• ANNETTE - It was a typo - I told AQ I was going to move to her climate and she replied, but used your name :-)

• Op went well, but not quite comfortable looking at things - had to have an anaesthetic injection as well as all the drops this time, and a peculiar sticky dressing pad under the shield for a few hours - will feel more comfortable after I start all the drops at 5pm so not long!

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• I hope your operation settles down quickly OG. It sounds rather scary but I do know several people who are pleased with the results.

I went for my annual eye test yesterday and was pleased there is no change, so my present reading glasses will do another year! There is glaucoma in the close family so best be careful.

• I hope all gets sorted soon for your cruise, Lindy, and that you will have a lovely time! A shame you have had some problems with the tickets etc.

It was very windy here yesterday, not bad this morning, so I went to a good Art and Craft exhibition and then picked some sloes, enough for 2 litres of sloe gin. Just got enough as it started to rain and now it is pouring down!

• So, you and WENDY are sloe gin makers, CHRISY! I might be missing something...

OG - I didn't expect you to be online today - you are very stoical. Hope that things improve quickly once you start instilling the drops.

• Glad it's over, OG, but sorry you've been uncomfortable. My OH had the same injection, but recovered alright afterwards, both times. Hope you'll be feeling better now after starting the drops.

Well, we took Awful Cousin out for the afternoon.  I had to stifle my giggles as my OH took us on a  v e r y  long drive, down lanes and through villages, so that the journey was at least three times as long as it could have been!  We promised to take her out for nearly three hours, so he drove slowly.....

We went to one of our favourite Garden Centres where the cakes and pastries are stupendous. She had half of the staff out of the kitchen, asking for a cake they didn't have (Victoria Sponge) even though there were a dozen other kinds to choose from. They tried their best and even produced a lemon cake which wasn't on display.  I had a Millionaire Shortbread Slice, and my OH had a Super Chocolate Cake. By which time she had chosen a massive slice of Cheesecake, with a big dollop of cream. 

We took it to a table by the window, and whilst I emptied the 2 trays we had, with cakes, coffee and teapots etc., and we took off our coats, rearranging the chairs, and getting comfortable ---  she sat down, picked up her spoon, and started to eat her cheesecake!!!!!

Unbelievable woman....

• Absolutely unbelievably rude, LINDY! I'm so happy that you are going away. Did you manage to get online to the cruise company?

• Yes, Heather, I have made sloe gin every year for a long time. My Dad used to make it and also home made wine, which I have also done but not for some years now. Occasionally if it is a poor sloe year damsons make a similar drink.