Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 12 August 2018

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a peaceful, wonderful week. 

Wolf, Yellowstone National Park 
U.S. National Park Service, NPS/Jacob W. Frank
Photo labeled Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• Going out for dinner. First time for months as OH was bothered by his shaking in public. I think it is less with meds.

• Had rain, then sunshine, now drizzle - not sure what comes next!  Got up according to working-day schedule today to get on track for new term and J has actually gone down to the school to get onto their computer system and check a few things for tomorrow.  I finally persuaded OH to clean the fridge - daren't say how long it has been top of the to-do list!

AQ - must say coloured sausages surprised me - I thought they were going to look like something the dog did!  Hope you two enjoyed your meal out - pleased OH feels able to go now.

LINDA - surprised at your morning post as I was sure you were setting off to Wales yesterday!

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• AQ - Glad you enjoyed. The ditty could probably have been a lot better, but I was in a rush. Hope your OH will feel more confident about going out, now. And that you enjoyed yourselves!

OG - Hope your weather settles down. Don't confuse me as to what day we're on, I'm bad enough at keeping track, as it is!

• AQ - Your OH will indeed feel more confident about going out, glad that the meds are helping.

OG - Send EE here to clean my fridge, it probably needs more that the odd wipe that it gets from me most of the time!

LINDY - I think it is very kind of Danish friends to invite me but as you say, it is quite a long trip, quite a long way away and if I'm honest, too much money to spend on a holiday that is not of my own choosing. They like to get up really early, breakfast at the crack of (my) dawn and then get going. I think that holidays are about relaxation!

LYNETTE - I hope that you will get some answers regarding your nerve problem.

Rain is forecast for here, later. I should be in the garden...

AQ - I just love the names - hoptician and the doc's name, also!
  • HEATHER - need another wet day to persuade him to clean the oven - he was asked to do it ready for last Christmas.  He says "well, I have wiped it" but I keep saying that a wipe with a cloth is not actually getting it clean!

Just had the phone call from Granddaughter#2 - on the strength of her "A" level results, which were a bit lower than expected, she has been given her place to study at York University (where her sister went).  She is phoning them this afternoon to ask for a better room - horror of horrors in her mind, she has been allocated one with a shared bathroom!  

• Morning all:   Hurray for rain where needed!

AQ: What neat sausages. I also anticipated boring brown ones (so unimaginative).  :-)   I'm just no good at those kind of domestic skills.  The hoptician book sounds like a hoot.  How often are you doing nanny duty these days?  Hope dinner out was a success.

Lindybird: Cute verse!  (Ms D. still has the one you wrote for her on her bedroom wall with the photo that inspired it!)  :-)   Hope the drive to Wales is trouble-free and that the weather is decent.

Heather: Are the Danes timing their trip to Buenos Aires for the Carnival?  I'd have mixed feelings too given that - as you said - it's so far away and I'd rather spend the time and money on somewhere I'd really love to visit.  Is there a place you simply couldn't resist?  :-)   Aubergine is much more elegant than eggplant, which is what we call them here, apparently because white eggplant (never seen it) does resemble eggs.. Gosh, they also come in green and pink.  Maybe AQ could knit a few?

OG:  Niece was all over Southeast Asia when she was much younger, also OZ to see an old UK friend and then lived for a time in Cyprus.   Oh dear, must add "check fridge" to list before she gets here......   Oh - and the oven too.  :-((    Will Gd#2 have to pay for a "better" room?  Just wondering what going to Uni involves in the UK these days....

Did all the hummingbirds in the world get an e-mail about free eats at our house?!!  At this rate, I'll need my own sugar plantation.

Off to see what's on today's list

• Hi, folks. 

I didn't enter university until I was 28 years old and separating from my then-husband. I rented a small studio apartment in what was called "Married Student Housing." Fortunately, I had my own bathroom. Unfortunately, I shared the apartment with Madagascar Hissing Cockroaches, which infested the entire building. They scared the daylights out of me! LOL!!!

I just popped in to say that I'm leaving on Saturday to go pet-sit in the big city. I don't know whether I'll have access to a computer, so someone else will need to start the new thread. 

My friend's husband is in a couple of bands, and we'll go out Saturday night to see them perform. 

Here are my doggy friends that I'll be minding, Daisy and Biscuit.

• We've arrived safely, and just eaten our M&S steak pasties with our green French beans. I see the Site is still playing up, as there were no little navigation arrows at the bottom of the page....

I didn't go to Uni, myself, but our Eldest stayed in a room in a B&B, until he found others to share a house with. Youngest went into Halls for the 1st year, with a shared bathroom! - then he found others to share a house with for the remainder of his education. Some of the friends he made were at his wedding!

• Diane, enjoy your stay in the glamorous Big City environment - I hope all your wildlife won't miss you too much. The dogs look cute!

• Not sure about student accommodation these days - I suspect it will cost her more if she can get an ensuite, but her Daddy will pay!  Most First year students stay in halls in their first year - and York is different from many, having a college system where you still apparently belong to the college even if you move out.

Daisy looks so cute - Biscuit looks a weird little doggie - is he/she the one who is sick?