OFF-SEASON OBS, LOCH GARTEN NEST, 07 August 2018 ~ March 2019

• In reply to SheilaFE:

Good afternoon all, a very quiet day again. When do we stop the DU and go onto the post season? Good to read all your posts.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• In reply to Catlady:

@scylla Thanks for starting the New DU and for catching the dreaded PM. I agree that the post season thread should be started now. I am very much enjoying reading the historical reports studiously presented by Tiger and others here! :-)

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2019 DU Summaries

• In reply to CC:

This question is not directly regarding today at LG, but it was on watching the video posted yesterday, of the tesco dish delivery, that I am trying to find the daily updates from then. This was before my time and wanted to read prior to and after Odin coming back. Whatever I add to the search I only get some things for 2009! What am I doing wrong?

• In reply to Catlady:

I had a look for you Catlady but unfortunately this Forum in its present state only started on 24 July 2009.   

Tiger will maybe be able to tell us what kind of system they had before that.    Or was it people just replying to the Blog Posts. 

Here is a LINK to the Blog that Richard spoke about the Fish Delivery

and Another blog about the Fish Delivery

I think if you want to read about what happened back then Catlady you will have to rely on the Blogs, just click on the Blog tab and scroll down to 2009. 

Blog List - Click on each month and you will see all the blogs.   I hope this helps. 

EJ's NEST STATS          EJ's PHOTO THREAD    

• In reply to Catlady:

I am pretty certain we had not started the separately DUs back then, Catlady.  We relied on the main blog, and comments thereon.  Staff wrote the usual blogs on almost a daily basis, and comment and chat was included.  I can't remember exactly when DU started, but I seem to recall it came from the wish to isolate updates from general chat, so that the actual information and data could be found in one place.  This is an example of the original chatty blogs and contributions from everyone where fact just got lost.

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018

• In reply to SheilaFE:

The Link to the very first Daily Update is HERE.   As coincidence would have it I actually posted this link to the first daily update which was on the 1st August 2009 this season a few months back. :-) 

EJ's NEST STATS          EJ's PHOTO THREAD    

• In reply to SheilaFE:

LOL I see you have beaten me to it Mary, thank you.  And here is a vid of the fish delivery.  I am not sure whether that is the only one.

• In reply to SheilaFE:

Wanted to say another thank you to BNN for her fantastic daily summaries - I had missed the entry on July 19th telling us that A9birds had released a canvas print of EJ to celebrate her 21st birthday. 

I have just requested the 15x10 size - I intend to gaze upon our beautiful EJ and will her to stay safe and return to us next year!!!

Tiger and Chloe's Osprey Info

• In reply to birdsong:

I did too, birdsong, and was tempted to get another he took of Odin.  I have yet to get them on the wall!  

• In reply to birdsong:

Thanks so very much Mary and Sheila, that answers why I could not find anything for DU LG, away to look at the links now.