OFF-SEASON OBS, LOCH GARTEN NEST, 07 August 2018 ~ March 2019

EDIT

Late in the day I changed the title of this thread from "DU" to "Off-Season Obs" ~ anyone is welcome to suggest a better title than the current one :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No osprey presence yesterday, but in the evening a visit from an osprey nemesis ;)

TIGER has reminded us that we mustn't jump the gun when our ospreys don't appear on-cam, or even at the Centre, for a day or two, so we wait...

IMAGICAT

• Hiya, CC, always so good to see you :-*

Unknown said:
    trying to customize and debug

Yes, it seems that the law of unintended consequences is always ready to pounce :o

======================

I got the early feeder this morning (and it's still going).

I did some snaps in VLC and it showed that the settings badly need adjusting but I'm no good at it :(

Not this one.

The first critter seen was a squirrel on the tray, it flitted off and returned at the same time as a squirrel on the peanuts :)

All 3 main tits visited, I'll feature a Blue Tit.

And Chaffie - at least the blurry one shows the wing pattern:

And the Siskin couple - when she arrived he had hidden his head in shadow and she went straight behind the feeder:

Must do Coal and Great soon!

IMAGICAT

• A wonderful set of photos, showing the variety of bird and animal life that EJ shares!!

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

•  Good afternoon everyone   Scylla you are to good at this  It must take hours to edit clips from a day's 

recordings, keep up the good work  so we all can enjoy them.Thank's

• I wonder how I can ever stray from the LG Obs/DU, as fellow members are so darn generous :-*

IMAGICAT

• Hi CC, great to hear from you again. If it is called criminal to watch our Highness and everything regarding Loch Garten, well yes I am 100% guilty!! Tomorrow is the 1st, only 20 something days and counting, can't wait, bring it on. Then all the things that should be getting done, go down to the bottom of the list, they will get done sometime, well after another quick look at the next!

Yes, maybe I am getting a bit overexcited, can you tell! Lol

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Catlady said "Tomorrow is the 1st" :o

(You know the system won't let me quote you, as yours is the last post.)

Hey, dear Catlady, you've skipped a day !!!  I always say that once February is out the year zooms by and is over before you know it, so let's savour the 28th ;-D xxx

IMAGICAT

• 1) Wha? Can't quote the last post? Okay, I gotta go try---I know it will take 2 steps, posting then editing.
    2) OMG you are right. Well! More than one way to skin a cat. Lemme seeee....
    3) After going back into edit and putting in the square bracket codes for quotes before and after:

scylla said:

Catlady said "Tomorrow is the 1st" :o

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs

• Replace the parens with square brackets. I know, I know, so much work. :-)
    {quote user="quotee"} Put message here.
    {/quote}

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs

• Something's happening...

It's back up now though.

Catlady said "Tomorrow is the 1st" :o

Hey, dear Catlady, you've skipped a day !!!  I always say that once February is out the year zooms by and is over before you know it, so let's savour the 28th ;-D xxx

Mmm, Oops! Yes was a day out yesterday and still at work today, so tomorrow will be the 1st, yes, okay!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.