OFF-SEASON OBS, LOCH GARTEN NEST, 07 August 2018 ~ March 2019

EDIT

Late in the day I changed the title of this thread from "DU" to "Off-Season Obs" ~ anyone is welcome to suggest a better title than the current one :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No osprey presence yesterday, but in the evening a visit from an osprey nemesis ;)

TIGER has reminded us that we mustn't jump the gun when our ospreys don't appear on-cam, or even at the Centre, for a day or two, so we wait...

IMAGICAT

• Well I thought I better check out the upgraded forum, and I know it always takes time to get to grips with new systems, however looking at some threads it is extremely difficult to follow a conversation as what I see are posts but they are not relevant to each other.     Another annoying thing is there are no dates, just says so many days ago, which was the first annoying thing I noticed Slight smile

I will try and post a photograph and see if it appears.

Well that has worked, but I am finding it not very user friendly, so I may save myself some angst, and wait until EJ the beautiful returns and come back then.     Maybe by that time all the teething problems will have been sorted out.       Good Luck to all those who stick with it. Grinning

• Well that says it loud and clear, ha ha....   sorry for the huge letters, ooops....   

• Hang in there Mary! Many of us are struggling, but if we practise during the winter we may be fine with it come Osprey Season.

• Hello MGK. I see you are just catching up with the new set up!

Many issues but in respect of the time etc. If you hover over the 'time lapse' or date the actual posting time will appear. As Alison says all we can do is keep trying. The word 'nightmare' has been used whilst you've been in sunnier climes!Grinning

• Hi Mary, good to hear from you, were you trying out the new size or maybe needing new glasses! Lol. Joking aside we have all, I think been struggling, but since the changes a few things have been sorted and hopefully some more of our views will be acted upon. at least we can get practice in now before the busy time starts, before the beautiful EJ returns.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Hi Alison, Mike and Catlady

I suppose once we all get used to it, we will think nothing of all the changes.  However I thought upgrades were meant to be improvements and generally a better system, call me an old fuddy duddy Grinning I am still looking for the improvements.  

Hmmmm trying to work out how you do a quote and wonder if it is just copy and paste......

• Offline 16 hours ago in reply to MaryGK

Hello MGK. I see you are just catching up with the new set up!

Many issues but in respect of the time etc. If you hover over the 'time lapse' or date the actual posting time will appear. As Alison says all we can do is keep trying. The word 'nightmare' has been used whilst you've been in sunnier climes!

Well I don't think that was really the proper way to do it, will need to see if I can find out from the technical thread to see how you do it.     

Oh yes Mike, wish I could have stayed in sunnier climes Grinning

• HI Mary, welcome to the 'old fuddy duddy' club!

• Hi Mary

If you highlight the text that you want to quote then at least on a laptop/desktop the option to quote should pop up below what you have highlghted. This also seems to work on most if not all tablets, phones etc. It is discussed in the "site upgrade and reporting of problems" thread.

Ian

• There are dates. Just mouse over the  "time since post made"

• The way to get to grips with any new system is to relax and just "play with it"  35 years ago I was helping people get to grips with word processing which was then very crude compared to today. 

There was this guy who wanted to use it to type his PhD thesis. I advised him to take a week playing with it so that he could learn. Half an hour later he was back saying that he wanted to get on with his typing. 

He did get on with his typing but what a mess. I would suggest that he only spool 5 pages at a time in case there was an error in say page 3. Oh no he would spool 50 pages and then find errors. This happened again and again and what a  waste of paper. 

It is testimony how bad it was that I still have vivid memories about it 35 years later.

One of my mantra's is that  "5% of the learning takes 95% of the time.