DAILY UPDATE ~ Loch Garten nest ~ Wednesday, 18 July 2018

Black cam (trained on the Love Tree perch, no doubt) right now, no evidence of any light or sounds of osprey.

Yesterday we did not see EJ with fish, nor did we see GJ though we might have heard his skydancing. We only saw EJ perching on the Love Tree preening out her moults in between brief visits to the nest.

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs

• Got to go for now but will check back later to see what EJ has been up to.

Morning Patily I see you are around on other threads :-)  

Have a good webcam watching day ALL

• Good morning all. Well it was a good outcome in the end that the roaming camera was left on the perch, as we could see her arrive with her whopper of a fish. Good girl. I wonder if the other was George, that was with her? Waiting for the sun to come out here, it is trying. Away to get ready to go and see EJ, sitting on her usual perch, still eating that fish, no doubt. Will report back later. Happy viewing all.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Good morning, everyone!

Thank you for reports from AO, MIKE & TRYING, and for fetching up EJ's whopper, MIKE, and for enhancement, MARY ;-)

CATCHUP

INSERTION - defeatist attitude early-morning meant that I didn't find this at first attempt ;)

DAYCAM on the PTZ = 04:22hr:

I spent a long time trying and failing to find GJ skydancing +/- 04:00hr (but see insertion above), only to find an unexpected development later, when GJ landed in the Love Tree @ 04:51hr, he stayed ony a couple of minutes, had a poop (not EJ standard) and flew.  No fish, no bulging crop.

Then @ 05:42hr, EJ arrived with her whopper, and then I caught an aural scrap of skydancing!  I thought it was rather touching that GJ had waited until EJ returned, and wonder if it indicates that he is not, as some have suspected, only after the nest, but really is in love with EJ but just doesn't know how to show it in a mature way ;)

(Delayed by repeated 'enhancements' to video and sound, I should have posted the Good Morning bit before embarking on this trial-and-error odyssey.)

GJ's arrival:

Where is she?

Had to paint in the poo as it was invisible in a snap.  It's not meant to be yellowish, it's just that GJ is so Daz white ;)

Couldn't get a good shot of EJ's wings and the fish at the same moment:

IMAGICAT

• scylla said:
    I thought it was rather touching that GJ had waited until EJ returned, and wonder if it indicates that he is not, as some have suspected, only after the nest, but really is in love with EJ but just doesn't know how to show it in a mature way ;)

I think he's read the rule book back to front. More sky dancing at the end than at the beginning

• Morning ALL.  Many thanks CC for starting the day and for the welcome news from Mike, Patily and Trying that EJ and ANOther were seen fishing this morning.  Hello Mary!  Well done EJ!!  A typical EJ Whopper caught this morning, but who was the male?

Last night I was having huge problems with the cam on VLC, dropping out and freezing, and it continues today both on VLC and on Carnyx YouTube.  What a bonus that the cam remained on the Love Tree overnight to be able to see her first thing this morning!  She remains on the Love Tree perch, currently just standing, looking around generally.

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• I've done a catchup, SHEILA, but got BOPS'd on page 1.

(And if Korky had'nae done it, you would have ;-D )

IMAGICAT

• CAMERA.

In view of current developments with EJ's fishing routine it would seem sensible to ask LG to leave the roving camera focussed on the Love Tree overnight.

The fact that we can see her so early seems to be a great asset.

I have spoken to Scylla, Moffer and Mary GK who are happy to go this route so I float the idea here before making any formal approach to the team at LG.

May I have your views please?

Thank you.

• Seems a sensible thought, Mike, given we may only miss a short visit by GJ and EJ to the nest in the early hours - we would hear activity, rather than see it.  If she had been fishing EJ would usually return to the Love Tree perch to eat any catch well before the VC opens and the team react.  If her routine knowingly changes we could reconsider?   We would of course miss any visit by the PM, but they are rare and random.

Good morning Mike, by the way!

How is Moffer?

• Good morning Scylla! Indeed I had missed you!  What a super round up of activities.  How sweet that GJ landed on her regular perch, and appeared to be looking for her.

She remains on the Love Tree perch, alone.

• EJ is eating her catch.