Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 8 July 2018

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a wonderful -- or at least a better -- week!

Scarlet Tanager 

Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore (Lake Michigan)
U.S. National Park Service
Photo labeled Public Domain (Copyright Free) 

• Heather - Sorry about the freezer. Hope things are just a bit iced up, rather than spoiled.

• With DT's proclivity for holding hands with heads of state, I wonder whether he tried it with HM?!?!?  He seems to understand nothing about protocol … hope Turnberry's turned nasty for him.  It was a beautiful Scottish late afternoon/evening when I played it, but it can be a brute.

• Thanks for admiring comments re Great Granddaughter!  HEATHER - probably just the chubby cheeks that make her look like me!  Will try to get one of us together when they visit, if she will sit on my knee!  We have a four-generation picture of my Mum with me, my elder Daughter and elder Granddaughter and there is definitely a likeness through that line - this one is grandchild of my younger daughter who looks less like me.

• I can say that there was a good amount of rain here too on Friday, really needed. Haweswater was on TV as being at a very low level, and with people walking in the remains of Mardale, the village that was 'drowned' when the reservoire was built. I remember going to  see it in 1976, though it has happened since, but not often.

Bit of a shame in that it was my brother's last day of holiday in the area, but he had been swimming and kayaking already.

We had a nice time on Monday, as my sister and OH came up, from Cheshire, along with her daughter and daughter's 6 month old little boy. Also another brother who lives not too far away, so quite a family gathering! We all had a pub lunch and a good chat.

• How nice, Chrisy,  a family gathering. 

We hoped for more rain after a good shower yesterday, but today has been unrelenting sunshine. I stayed indoors most of the day, then we popped over to visit sis-in law for an hour of gossip. She tried on my sun hat I had with me, and now wants one the same!! I bought it at one of the big Flower Shows, so I'll look for one next Friday when we have our day out at Tatton Flower Show.

Off to bed now, weary. Just watching some of today's tennis made me tired!

• Hello all, not looked in all week so just saying hope you are all keeping well.  Weather is still hot and sticky at times, we have had no rain at all down in Northants and the grass is looking decidedly sorry for itself.  Still it means no mowing lawns for OH for a while.

OG- what a gorgeous g.g.d. hope it won't be too long before you meet up.

Not much been happening down here except we heard the other day that an old friend of my OH is in hospital quite poorly with cancer so we are holding her in our thoughts.  We, on the whole are plodding along, looking forward to our holiday in October, still 3 months away but getting closer.

Have a good weekend , all.