Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 8 July 2018

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a wonderful -- or at least a better -- week!

Scarlet Tanager 

Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore (Lake Michigan)
U.S. National Park Service
Photo labeled Public Domain (Copyright Free) 

• I'd forgotten about the tennis, LINDY!

• Hi, Heather - We crossed posts!

Wonder how hot it is at Wmbledon......

• Morning all:

Lindybird: I'd want to know what the Queen was thinking of him but also what she was thinking of her Prime Minister, who apparently decides these things and which HM has to go along with (another dangler!). They were interviewing Brits in the radio here about their take on Trump and one man spoke about the "special relationship" with the US. It has survived over the decades and would continue to do so, he said, "even - and I'm being tactful here - you've got an idiot in the White House." :-)

Forestboar: Sorry to hear you're seeing docs, etc..  I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be stress-related.  Take care.

bjane: Nice to see you. Let us know how you're doing when you get a chance

ChrisyB: Nice to see you too!  I assume you've been watching the nests?

I missed that marathon tennis match and not sure if I'll get the chance to watch the World Cup Final. I think it starts at 7 a.m. Pacific Time...  

Anyway, am going to jump in the shower as soon as g/daughter leaves for work.  If daughter feels up to it, we'll go out to breakfast and I'll leave around lunchtime.  If she just wants to shut the door on the entire world (which I understand completely), I'll load up the car and head out.  California, here I come!  :-))

• Hope you can enjoy a breakfast with your daughter, Annette, and then have a safe journey. Including your "decompression stop!"

• Well, we too had some real rain in the end on Friday - finally enough to make the deck look wet all over, but not enough to penetrate the soil, and all dry an hour after.  A slightly cooler night, but today a scorcher despite breeze!

J went out to his folk session last evening; we caught up with copying pictures from camera, booking lunch for when the family came and other short things which "could be done any time" and hadn't been.

FB - sorry you have further health problems - pleased your SD is available for you all.

ANNETTE - safe travels over the next two days - and then please relax!

OH and J finished digging out the grasses this morning; OH has taken 15 bags of them to the tip just now!  I sat in the front garden and watched: OH ended by levelling it, but I now hope he will leave it to weather and check that nothing grows back, before I let him plant the conifers.

• FB - I hope that 'they' find the cause of your problems. As ANNETTE said, stress can cause some pretty awful symptoms. Good that your have younger SD to help.

I went into the garage this afternoon and guess what? The large chest freezer with the lid open. Amy and her Mum were here for a few hours yesterday and Amy went out to get herself an ice cream at about 6pm last evening. Freezer must have been running all night and all morning. Stuff seems still frozen although I'm not confident about some of the ice cream. Talk about ditsy teenagers!

• Unknown said:
    I'd want to know what the Queen was thinking of him but also what she was thinking of her Prime Minister, who apparently decides these things and which HM has to go along with (another dangler!). They were interviewing Brits in the radio here about their take on Trump and one man spoke about the "special relationship" with the US. It has survived over the decades and would continue to do so, he said, "even - and I'm being tactful here - you've got an idiot in the White House." :-)

I've actually been wondering if anything would drive her to swearing when she's out of earshot - if she does then surely President Fart would be someone who'd drive her to it!

I'd have given almost anything to have been a fly on the wall when the PM first met with the Queen after that disastrous GE!!

• She is just lovely, OG!! I think she looks like you!