Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 8 July 2018

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a wonderful -- or at least a better -- week!

Scarlet Tanager 

Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore (Lake Michigan)
U.S. National Park Service
Photo labeled Public Domain (Copyright Free) 

• Annette: I am so relieved that your house is okay, so far. I watched a livestream from your local TV news station to get an update today. I hope you're able to relax and have a nice evening tonight. I also hope your grandson is still recovering well. Stay cool in that heat. We had a bit of a break from the heatwave yesterday and today. Like you, I also went to bed late and woke up exactly at 5:45 a.m. this morning. Weird, huh? Listened to a bit of the World Service before my regular NPR station came on.

Last night, I dreamed I was sitting on a high cliff above the sea in Ireland. I had long, long hair and a tattered long dress. 

AQ: I loved those little animals in the Children's Garden, especially the owl. 

Harelady: Nice to see you! I love your grandchildren's names. 

Lindy: I'm glad you're having a nice time at your caravan. Hope your dizziness is abating. 

Heather: I was also relieved to hear that your son-in-law has now been moved to a regular ward. He must have been awfully sick to require another blood transfusion. Sending him healing. Hope you and the girls have fun. I read your post about your favorite World Service program. Mine is the Newshour

Clare and Limpy: I was thinking of you today. Sending best wishes. 

Sorry to those I've missed. I'm really tired (after being in Ireland all night -- LOL), so I'm off to bed even before the sun fully sets. 

• Thank you DIANE: Interesting dream - I guess we have to take these few opportunities available to escape the present state of affairs.  :-)

Hope you sleep better tonight.  

Had a very lazy day but did manage to go puttering about for a couple of hours - more thunder and rain and sky looks very moody right now.

Have a good Sunday everyone.

• Diane - That’s a bright happy fellow to start our week. Thank you.

A cool still day here. The rain, all 7 mm of it, has been and gone. Nothing worthwhile forecast.

• OG: I seem to remember that you like Tall Ships, so I thought I'd tell you that the Christian Radich, an historic Norwegian Tall Ship, is in Lerwick Harbor right now. You can see it very close-up on the Victoria Pier cam. (That webcam shifts from place to place, so you may have to wait a minute for the Tall Ship to come around). You can also see it on the Town Hall East cam. Webcams HERE

• Once upon a time I would regularly present Dau with a CD of pics of the Little People. I was thinking, when I actually remembered the task, that I was missing about 2 year’s worth. Oh dear, the last pics I handed over were dated Nov 2014. Now I have nearly 4 years of pics to access, prune, delete, label. At least I do recognise which twin is which. Here are 2 recent pics, Very recent, taken only a month ago!

MissL

MissJ

• AQ: They are so beautiful!!!

Lindy: Amber is also gorgeous. I forgot to comment the other day when you posted the photo of her in the hats. 

• Good morning, all.  Keeping everything crossed for those boys in Thailand - I've just read that the rescue is now under way.

• Unknown said:
    I was thinking of you today. Sending best wishes. 

You've exceptionally kind.  We're not too bad and he's stlll on his feet!

• Good Morning, and thanks to Diane for starting us off again. Love the cheerful chap in the feathered outfit!  I am also thinking of Clare and Limpy these days. We've not heard from Clare on here for a while.

Hope all is well at home for Annette.

Sorry you've had so little rainfall, AQ. What gorgeous pictures, the girls look such happy children.

Hope that OG and EE can have a day off, and just sit around in their garden today!

Heather - Fingers crossed that your s.in.law continues to improve, and your family can all get back to normal.

Diane - Thank you, we adore Amber who is a real little character. She is going to start pre school in September and we keep saying that they won't know there, what's hit them, LOL!!

Hope Everyone has a good Sunday.

• I see that Clare has come on whilst I've been chatting about football to my OH, and writing this with one finger, LOL!  --  -- 

Good that you're still both OK, Clare, and {{BIG HUGS}} to Limpy especially!

EDIT:  I should remind you, that I'm allowed to give Limpy as many hugs as I like, as I'm old enough to be his mother, LOL!!