Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 29 April 2018

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY FULL MOON!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week! The April Full Moon is Sunday night. 

Moon photo credit: NASA
Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• Thanks Diane! - Hope you have a good week, yourself!

(Note to self........"Go to bed, it's late......" )

• Thanks Diane for starting the week.

LINDY  look forward to your pics.

• LINDA - good to find a new walk with a view at your holiday home! Enjoy!

DIANE - thanks for the new week and full moon - I had lost track of the moon for a few weeks, but did here a joyous Blackbird at 4am today, so maybe it's been a real night-time moon as it grew.

DIBNLIB - good morning!

We shall go to church this morning - no rain, but a bit chilly!

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• Morning all:

Diane: I was thinking I could start the thread ahead of you this time because I'm - what, 6 hours? - ahead of Indiana. On the (rare!) occasions I do start it, it's typically 4 in the afternoon California time.  Of course, I forgot that if I'm in the UK, I'm not going to be starting it at 4 in the afternoon UK time. Duh. Thank you!

OG: Did not buy anything at Downtown. I don't need anything; sister didn't see anything on sale she wanted/needed.

Lindybird:  Those Euro style appliances were gorgeous and in such lovely colors.  The thing is I've got an ancient toaster that cost $11 (regular price) way back when, and it works fine. Even if it broke, I'd have a hard time paying umpity $$$s for  a replacement.  Besides, I'd have to update the entire kitchen if I were to bring anything quite so spiffy and stylish into the house!  :-))

Doubt we'll see any sign of the moon here; it's been gray and rainy for several days now - with more forecast for today and tomorrow.  Niece walked in the front door yesterday wailing about the awful weather. She shops at charity shops and manages to look amazingly well put together wherever she goes.  She definitely has a flair and a good eye. I missed those genes!...

Off in search of coffee....

• Good Morning.  Sunny here, hooray!

OG --  Not exactly a new walk - more of a short, steep climb. We climbed most of the height of it in the car, where we found Victorian terraced streets clinging to the sides of the hill. Then we parked and left Bonnie in the car, to explore the green part, towering above us. There were several benches at viewpoints which we were glad of, and a small tower marking the very top. 

The funny thing was, we stopped on the way in the car and asked a young woman the way "to the top of the hill" and she looked totally mystified. In the event, where we parked was only just over 200 yards from her home......I don't think she'd ever looked up!!

• Linda - I suppose among all the spectacular mountains of Snowdonia the hill is quite a little one to a local person - also, how often we all neglect to look at/visit anything local to home?  Good that there were benches for the last part!  Enjoy your sunny day today - maybe witness the fun and games at Pont Creosor - who were the Daddies!!

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• OG   Good morning. Chilly here too but lovely all the same.

• Unknown said:

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY FULL MOON!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week! The April Full Moon is Sunday night. 

Moon photo credit: NASA
    Public Domain (Copyright Free)

Awwwww.  Love the corvids, even if the middle one has such an oddly shaped beak!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Thanks DIANE!

t

It is a lovely day here and I've been pottering in the garden.

OG- I like the sound of your conifer bed.

Thinking of AQ as she embarks on her latest adventure and looking forward to the pics etc.

ANNETTE- when do you return home? I'm sure that you mentioned your itinerary but can't remember:-(

LINDY- Maybe OG is right - the locals don't think of the hill as 'a hill'!!

My relative has at last asked his sister if he can stay with her and she has agreed . There are complicating issues which I won't go into, here. Anyway, I feel a lot happier about things.

Next door's dog is going crazy right now! There is a young cat which has started making toilet visits here - maybe he/she is forking over my garden borders as I type :-(

• Heather B said:
    My relative has at last asked his sister if he can stay with her and she has agreed . There are complicating issues which I won't go into, here. Anyway, I feel a lot happier about things.

Very, very pleased to hear this.  Let's hope it works out for them.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.