Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 22 April 2018

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

Prairie Dog
U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service photo
Labeled Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• Thank you, Pat, No, it is only mid afternoon. Not far past my birth time'o'day as my mother said I interrupted the nurses' lunch. Well, why not make a grand entrance?!

• Good Morning, All.  Dry here with blue looking clouds!

Hope you enjoy your lunch with your friend, AQ.  Glad you received chocs!

Diane, what beautiful orchids.

• Good morning, all.  It's a beautiful day here and Limpy has gone to Minsmere.

Many happy returns, Aquilareen!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Hope Limpy has a good day,  Clare. We're having real Spring weather here nowadays, rain mixed with bright sun and even hail yesterday!

• AQ Happy Birthday.

LYNETTE   That is good news. I swam yesterday, and will go again and tomorrow.

LINDY   Glad you enjoyed the film. Think we will be going on Monday.

• Sorry I've been rather scattered in my replies to posts:

Lynette, glad you're going to be able to go swimming again.  It will make you feel better in yourself, too.

Dibnlib:   Enjoy the film - in fact, I know you will!

I'm rushing around with the usual drama of packing stuff up, and tidying at the same time.  I keep a lot of stuff at the caravan, now but there are still things to take with us every time.  Annette:  I can't find the list I made last time.......

Hope to write again tonight when we are successfully installed there again. The sun is out here now!

• Happy birthday, AQ! Enjoy the chocs!

Another day of sunshine and showers, here. Temp only about 10 degrees Celsius. I hope that ANNETTE took her down thingy with her to the UK!

LYNETTE - sorry to read that your leg is taking time to heal. You must be so fed up with it all.

LINDY - enjoy your weekend away! I've read the book of the film, but a long time ago when it was first published. My OH had a high cholesterol level years ago but we got it back to acceptable levels by making dietary changes. He didn't like the new diet much and eventually took the statins, after a year or two, so that he could eat more butter and cheese and cakes etc!

OG - I had a vivid mental picture of you taking the hated tablets and remembered that you have a very small 'swallow'. I'm lucky enough not to have to take anything prescribed (yet!) but take a multivitamin because I know that I am deficient in some vits, due to my sometimes poorly thought out diet.

My relative has yet to ask his sister to take him in. I am in contact with her, which is how I knew that she would have him - albeit rather unwillingly.

Off to the kitchen - regards to all.

• Morning all: Well part of the mystery of  unusually prolonged jet lag was discovered this morning when I was making coffee and found - gasp! horrors! - that I've been drinking decaffeinated coffee since I arrived.  No wonder I've been dragging!  BiL has tea; sister has decaff cappucino from a fancy contraption that produces a single cup at a time and they'd brought out their "traditional" coffee pot for me.  We finally unearthed some caffeinated ground coffee from the depths of the pantry and am now on my second cup. Egads! Will be bouncing off the walls before long.

AQ;  I had to provide my own b'day card once - and OH knows better than to make that mistake again.  He remembers my birthday, Valentine's Day, anniversaries, but has to be reminded that it's usual to buy a card and typically rushes out the evening before the event.  Grandson is hopeless at these things (as is nephew apparently). Sigh.

Lindybird: Hope journey there and back is good.

Heather: Wonder if relative's sister will offer roof over head or wait until he asks....  Was he on vacation or living there?   Did not bring down thingy - too bulky to pack. Just a series of layers, but I'm not really feeling any chill at this point.  Cloudy/sunny now, but BiL predicts it will rain when we drive into Sleaford this pm  (Note to self: Check caffeinated coffee supply!).

• It is our 38th wedding anniversary today.  I returned home (after a  swim and coffee with a friend) to find some lovely flowers waiting for me.  We will have a celebratory  lunch at "Table Manors" on Sunday.

• Many congratulations, Dibnlib!

Blimey, I was only 11 when you got married.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.