PHOTOS AND REPORTS OF VISITS TO LOCH GARTEN DURING THE 2018 SEASON

I thought I better get this thread opened in preparation for this season. 

LINK TO THE 2016 SEASON

LINK TO THE 2017 SEASON

LINK TO VISITING LOCH GARTEN AND STRATHSPEY THREAD

• I believe Chocoholix and Stingray (who I have met at LotL many moons ago) :-) are going to Loch Garten for Easter, it would be lovely if they could post the reports of their visits in this thread.  

Looking forward to hearing all about it already :-) 

• Thank you for setting this up Mary, hopefully will make for good reading this year. Ian

• I will transfer Birdie Num Num's report of her visit to Loch Garten, so that it is not lost in the DU thread. 

I hope these are all in the right order, if not you can see the Original Post HERE

• I went up to Loch Garten today, and Sod’s law I just missed the intruder incident.    

It was busy, we got the last space in the car park, there also was a full size coach full of teenagers. 

Sadly I don’t have much to report, well nothing more than has already been reported in the Daily Update,  

Even the photos I took from the screen are not as good as the ones posted on the DU, but I will do a short report anyway. 

I didn’t see the Male, (G) I think he was chasing the intruder away. 

EJ was very sleepy, she kept shutting her eyes. 

THE SEASON SO FAR

THE DAY SO FAR

A NEW SCULPTURE AND CANNOT REMEMBER THIS OSPREY WITH FISH BESIDE THE VIDEO SCREEN

EJ’s head just popping over the nest rim

THE   BEAUTIFUL  LADY  HERSELF

THE PTZ CAMERA wasn't working in the visitor centre either, they were hoping to get it fixed soon, but whether it will be streamed they don’t know.  Chris wasn’t working today.    This was the view in the VC of the PTZ camera.

I also went to Loch Insh, the female was incubating but was low in the nest so couldn’t get a photo of her, the male flew in and was on the nest beside her, then he moved to a branch beside the nest.    

Male on the nest

Sorry for not having much to report.

• Thanks Mary.  It's always great to get a report when someone visits LG.

Great photo from Loch Insh as well!