PHOTOS AND REPORTS OF VISITS TO LOCH GARTEN DURING THE 2016 SEASON

HELLO EVERYONE

I thought it would be a good idea to have a thread especially for photos from anyone visiting Loch Garten during this season.   I know that LMac and BNN visit regularly throughout the season, so rather than the reports and photos be lost within the Daily Updates, if it is in its own thread it would be nice to look back on at the end of the season.  

I will be visiting tomorrow and will do a report when I get back.

• I am trying to post LMacs photos and report from yesterday but it's not letting me.  Says something about quotes.   grrrr

POSTED BY LMAC YESTERDAY

Hi so unfortunately I could not go to LG this morning as my lovely little Tapaidh got stung on the face this morning so it was an emergency trip to find a vet to sort her out. She no longer looked like a spaniel but more of a sharpei look. However this fortunately meant that I went this afternoon to LG instead. It was a breezy wetish 12 degrees when I arrived at 1430 ish. Until that point only one fish at 0555am. EJ sat very quietly for 5 mins or so and then very graciously she went for a fly about and then back to the nest.  No sign of Odin anywhere but then at at 1450 that familiar piercing "here comes a fish" echoed around Abernethy. Camera again at the ready in came Odin with a lovely fish. He loitered on the nest for a little photo opportunity before flying the camera structure and then after a few moments on out of site. In the meantime EJ fed the chickies. The feed was good and lil at the front was getting in the bites which may not have been obvious on the webcam but the screen in the VC was very clear. Big got most but as it is his/her first week birthday today then (s)he is quite entitled to be a glutton today :)Once both sated EJ plonked her self back on top of them. By the time I left the only two items on the board for today were the two fish deliveries so apart from fishing and eating it appears to be a quiet day. Photos about to start piling through pretty much in order of above:

Ej leaves for fly around

EJ arrives back:

Here comes OtM

Family time

:

Off he goes

Got it but wanted it not in quotes.  Will sort it later. Going out now. :-)

SORTED. :-)

• Brilliant idea - thanks Mary.

Enjoy your visit and look forward to reading all about it and seeing your photos.

• Hello Everyone

I had a great visit to the VC today, seen two feeds, we arrived at 10 am for it opening, quiet for the first five minutes then the people just kept on arriving. Julie Q. introduced to me to Fergus one of the team members, who is another lovely young man. All the other helpers today were volunteers. 

EJ had a huge fish and started to feed the chicks, Odin was sitting on one of his usual trees, where he stayed for a while during the first feed, then he took to the skies a flew off. Gone Fishing no doubt. The Centre got really busy and Fergus was going to do a presentation, so I decided to leave around 11 am as I will be going back tomorrow again. 

I did a little video of the second feed. I will post some photos of the boards in another post. Not a lot on todays board.

• Some more photos of the boards and EJ. 

• I need to try and resize photos as I am getting error when trying to upload. 

• Wonderful Mary loved that. EJ is so gentle for such a powerful predator and she made sure Lil got fed too. Thank you.

• Yes she did Lmac, the feed went on a lot longer but I only included a little bit so it would upload to YouTube quicker.  That little one sure knows how to stretch up too lol...

• BNN I hardly use the Netbook so didn't know what music was on it, when making the video I said add music and that was only one of two songs in the files so I thought that one suited quite well.  :-)    

• Loch Garten around 09.50 am this morning

• Thanks for your report Mary. Lovely to see the feed and great music.