WEEKLY CHAT (non-osprey) SUNDAY MARCH 11, 2018

Hi All: Just got in from movies (Three Billboards....); pizza in the oven.  Back later.

• Update - Doc and senior student spent over an hour with J this morning.  Various tests and examinations.  One possible diagnosis is migraine (never diagnosed before) so try med for that over the weekend.  Next try med for Labyrinthitis.  Test results will be available next Tuesday - meanwhile no driving.

This turned the whole day upside down, but OH has now gone shopping, after Podiatrist - all ok except a little damage to one toe of my left foot.  J is asleep.

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• Today at Brodie a member of staff really went out of her way to find us a sketch we saw on our last visit, but couldn't find today. OH is now at Homebase to buy a picture hook.   Told the manager how impressed we were.

• OG - over an hour spent with J!! You must have very good GPs down there. I'm pleased that he had such attention and hope that he feels better, soon.

Money man has been and gone. All seems well. Stepson was in just now, I relayed all the info to him and he seemed satisfied.

One of my fence panels has been badly damaged by the high winds. I heard a cracking noise early this morning - that was it! Maybe son in law will fix it, it is a joint fence and my neighbour on that side isn't terribly interested in how things look. It breaks my heart to see how she has let Sheana's garden go to rack and ruin.

• It's a good job Sheana can't see it, Heather. :-(   My parents adored their garden and poured many hours of work into making it, though small, into a little paradise of colour all year round. After she lost my father, my mother sold the house to a woman who she tried to explain the garden to -- "Oh, I love gardens" said the woman. Within 18 months it was derelict and almost unrecognizable, when we viewed it from next door where we had friends. "I just wish I'd brought more plants to the new house!" said Mother, who had asked my OH to move more than 40 plants!

OG - Good that the Doc took such an interest in J's case. It could well be labyrinthinitis, which seems more common than we suppose, when you mention it to people. Hope he can get sorted out.

Heather - You must be glad to have some advice about financial matters. They're no fun! 

We had a morning out in nearby ferry port/town of Corralejo. We like to sit and have a hot drink in a little cafe and watch the big ferries leave for the nearby island of Lanzarote, which is so close you can see it. Bought a pretty pendant necklace for our d.in law, and some cream cakes which we've just eaten with our late afternoon cuppa.

Dibnlib:  You didn't say if she found the print!- but I guess she must have, if you need a picture hook!!

• I put a footnote on my post which has now disappeared....

There was so much cream in the cream cakes that we're not hungry for our dinner, now!

• HEATHER - sad about next door garden after Sheana and you worked so hard on it - hope you get the panel replaced soon so you don't have to look at it!

LINDA - cream cakes remind me, I really wanted a Hot Cross Bun and OH couldn't find them on Monday.  When he returned with six in a pack, I ate one immediately - then didn't really want my dinner this evening!

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• Unknown said:
    Clare – looking forward to some Minsmere photos!

It'll have to be tomorrow - my eyes are forcing themselves shut!  I got some beauties today, which I hope you'll like.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Good Morning.  Sunny here, looking promising after a cloudy start. I see that there are weather warnings again in the UK, so everyone please keep safe.

Looking forward to Clare's pictures again.

We only had a baked potato last night, with a bit of cheese on top, melted in the microwave after our huge cream cake yesterday. Photos on our return! Settled down to watch a DVD of a Mark Knopfler concert, in London many years ago.

Must get dressed now and go out for more bread. There are some yummy artisan bakers here.

Edit: My OH has stopped coughing, now. We have met endless people with the same complaint, of a chesty persistent cough.

• Everyone: Stay safe in the UK bad weather today!

Linda: I was in my local town yesterday to get groceries and supplies. I think every single person was coughing as if they had pneumonia. Glad your OH is better.

OG: I hope J is improving today.

Annette: I hope you enjoy Ms. D's party. I will start the new thread on here later today.