Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 17 December 2017

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY DECEMBER SOLSTICE

Please check back to last week's thread for information from Annette on the fire threat!!! She posted photos that you will want to see!!!

The December Solstice is Thursday at 4:28 p.m. in the U.K, 11:28 a.m. in the eastern U.S., 8:28 a.m. in California, and Friday, 22 December, at 2:57 a.m. in Adelaide, Australia! 

Everyone have a great week, and STAY SAFE, ANNETTE!

Juvenile Red-Tailed Hawk
U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
Photo labelled Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• George: Lovely message from you - as usual!  :-)  Enjoy the visit with family and have a wonderful meal!

Lindybird: Gosh, we all remember the desperate times you guys went through the first year or so with Bonnie. How do you keep her hair so white!

Clare: Meant to thank you for lovely pix - had to Google Konik ponies.

Diane: I was so exasperated with myself for missing that launch!

Have probably missed someone, but have read all the posts. Take care everyone.

Had good night's sleep; OH has told me I should take a day off today (he's been suffering with ghastly sinus infection and has now hurt his foot!). However, last clean up job awaits: taking one of the cars to the carwash where the ashy residue will be safely disposed of rather than being washed into storm drains.

• Can I second George's wishes to everyone for a peaceful but enjoyable Christmas and New Year.

This Christmas is going to be hard for me and my Children as we lost a much loved beautiful Daughter and Sister in June this year BUT as she absolutely loved Christmas we are going to do our best. My 3 lovely Grandchildren are the best tonic for when I am feeling down and I get daily photos of them.

• Thank you for your good wishes, George: the same to you, I hope you have an enjoyable time.

Diane & Annette - They mentioned the launch on our News this morning, as apparently a whole lot of people saw the trail it left, and reported it as a UFO!!

Annette: Bonnie is self cleaning -- she comes home mud coloured all over, and an hour later it's all dropped off. Her coat must be oily or something. Later, it all appears in the hoover when I clean, and on every surface as dust. I now dust twice as much as I did before we had her!

Sorry about your OHs sinuses. Hope his foot is nothing too bad. Please take the day off now!

• Harelady - The first Christmas with a family member missing is always hard: as she loved it, you're doing the right thing by using it as an opportunity to do what she would have wanted   {HUGS}  Enjoy your grandchildren.

• Dibnlib:  Can we see a pic of Harvey? He sounds lovely.

• LINDY Must find out how to get Harveys pics onto my sight so I can share them.  

• dibnlib said:

(Please visit the site to view this file)

When I clicked on it I found I'd downloaded it.  Here we go:

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• The photos above are

No1  OH getting very close to a young seal lion when he was in the Falklands 1987/8. He said they were fearless of people.

No2  Harvey taken at Arisaig. We had that one enlarged and it hangs in our breakfast room along with enlargements of photos of Fingal and Dillon.  I think Lindy mentioned the beautiful beach at Arisaig.

No 3 is Harvey taken in my Grandparents garden.