Sunday is the March Full Moon.

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

San Joaquin Kit Fox, the smallest species of fox in North America and
one of California's most endangered animals
U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service photo
Labelled Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• Unknown said:
    Good luck with the photo contest.

Just come back from the judging.  I entered one colour and one black and white photo - the black and white one won its category!  I was absolutely gobsmacked.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Whoo hoo!! - Well done, Clare!

• Hi all.

HeatherB, you must make plans and visit Denmark.  Its never easy when you lose a loved one and it does take time to adjust.

Lindybird - nice to see you've had a rest and are back home safely.

Clare - thanks for all the pics. Well done for your b/w photo winning its group.

Went for a hospital checkup re a health issue, nothing to worry about but wants to see me in two months time to see if the slight swelling in my neck has gone down, cancer is ruled out, so that's great. No swimming today but hope to go next Tuesday. Missing out again next Thursday as we are going up to Nottingham for the Andre Rieu concert postponed from Dec.

• Linda – Welcome home.

Heather – Great idea to visit Denmark.

Clare – Congrats on photo win.

OH discovered our resident blue-tongue lizard lurking under our recycling wheelie bin as he put it out for collection. Too late s/he was exposed, but soon moved to lurk beside my car wheel. Next time we looked, as day warmed up, s/he had gone.

• Evening all:  Was pleased to see the results of the Dutch election.

dibnlib: Thanks for snow/cloud explanation.

Clare: Congratulations! Which one was it (or can you not share yet?).  :-))

Lynette: Will you spend the night in Nottingham after the concert or are you close enough to just go home?

AQ: Your lizard is living close to the edge, parking under wheelie bins and car wheels!

Lots of yard work today. Filled the green bin within an  hour of its being emptied yesterday and managed to cram more in today. Lots more tidying up to do though.

Exciting grocery shopping tomorrow - laundry too. Oh my!

Take care all.

• Unknown said:
    Congratulations! Which one was it (or can you not share yet?).  :-))

This one:

It's the long closed up entrance to an open air pool in Ipswich.  It was one of my favourite places in my youth - I could spend whole days just chilling out there.  It's one of those really big 1930's pools, with a deep end that went 15' deep, and high diving boards.   There's a big effort going on right now to get the place repaired and reopened - I can't tell you how much I hope they manage it.

Each month's competition has a different theme - this one was 'Memories'.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Clare, you really shouldn't have been 'gobsmacked' that your photograph won - it's brilliant, as are all the pictures you post here for our enjoyment.  You are certainly the winner here!  I took lots of photographs yesterday - got a lovely blackbird among daffodils, the back end of a pheasant because I took too long focusing, and lots of lovely magnolias against the blue sky ... you have no competition from me!

• I'd like to see your photos.  A blackbird among the daffodils sounds beautiful!

• By the way the Loch of the Lowes male is almost certainly back!