Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 5 February 2017

Happy New Week!

I'm sending love and strength to OG (Original Goldfinch) and to Eagle-Eye. Hoping for her rapid recovery.

I hope everyone has a great week!

Wild Bobcat in Snow
U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
Photo Labelled Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• Whoops! Nearly forgot today's pic:

"I USED TO FIT IN HERE WITHOUT ANY PROBLEM!"

• Morning, all

Just logged on and saw your poems, LINDY! I love sprouts and tomatoes...  I'll never use all the produce that I want to grow (!) but the family will be happy. My OH stopped growing food because after a lifetime of it, got fed up. However, his interest in growing and propagating flowers and shrubs never waned.

LYNETTE - so good that your results are fine. We needed a bit of happy news on this thread.

Back later with more replies. It is very cold here but sunny.

By the way, AQ- I heard the temperature of 47° mentioned for NSW and the threat of power blackouts and bush fires. So relieved that you don't expect to have such high temps.

• Good morning, all!  Finally got through the photos - click on these gentlemen to see more:

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Brilliant photographs again, Clare.  Thank you so much.  Far  better than looking out of my window at the steady drizzle and slate grey sky.

• Brilliant photos, Clare.  Loved the bittern and the grey heron. You must have had a good day, in the end!

• Hi, all.  This really is OG talking!  But E-E is typing for me.  Looks like tonight I shall be beginning my real treatment, by moving to orthopaedic ward.  That's where I was moved from a week ago with serious infection.  Feeling more like a person at last and wanted to speak to you all.  With thanks for thoughts, concern and prayers.  None of this has been easy for my family or me.  But it feels like progress at last.  That's all for now.  Still easily tired after doing anything.

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• OG :-) I could hardly believe my eyes when I saw you - or at least EE - were the last to post!  Brilliant. Take care.

Clare: You really have a great eye for the birds and beasts. Lovely shots.

Lindybird: You should hold a contest each time you go anywhere so we can guess how many pairs of shoes you'll take along.

Raining here. :-))

• OG - really good to know that you are on the mend.  I'm sure the last few days have been a huge strain for both you and EE.  I hope everything will now go more smoothly and that the medics will be able to do whatever necessary on your knee so that you are no longer in pain.  Prayers continue ...

• OG/EE - What a double act! I'm happy that you are going to the orthopaedic ward this evening. Love from here.

ANNETTE- Rain, but still not enough? After the prolonged drought I'm thinking that it would take a long time to replenish etc.

CLARE - I'm going to look at your photos in a minute. Thanks!

I've been following the story of the beached whales in New Zealand. So many dead and such efforts being made to help them.

• Unknown said:
    Hi, all.  This really is OG talking!

Yay!

Unknown said:
    Feeling more like a person at last and wanted to speak to you all.  With thanks for thoughts, concern and prayers.  None of this has been easy for my family or me.  But it feels like progress at last.  That's all for now.  Still easily tired after doing anything.

This is great news.  Thanks for keeping in touch with us all, both of you!  I hope everything goes really well now.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.